1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. chupas

chupas Well-Known Member

I don't know what is going on with those elbows but I hate them.

2 people like this.
  2. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

i dont like it man, i'd say grab ma+ aviator for a hooded jacket instead. LEB looks cool in store pics.

3. eckblk

eckblk Well-Known Member

or try tracking one of these down

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

I can appreciate the paneling work but think it would look better if it were more subtle to the eye, like tone on tone stitching

but tbh, I think if you're spending that much on a jacket it should fit proper and look flattering, that one's doing neither

1 person likes this.
  5. sinnedk

older ccp high neck? not sure what that is

6. eckblk

eckblk Well-Known Member

super rare jointed hood leather (CCP).

1 person likes this.
  7. wanksy

wanksy Well-Known Member

is it just me or my toj actually feels thicker than my stooges (leather code LP). When I was wearing it, the stooges definitely is lighter. however, i don't think it's a fair comparison since the stooges is more of a 46 as for the toj is a stock 48.

8. hoodog

hoodog Well-Known Member

Thanks for you input. Yeah, it will be a great late spring/summer/early fall jacket. I am stil undecided wether to get the pal rust goat version or the natural goat... I guess the natural color will be more versatile.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyway, I assume you've ordered from Aero before? Have you been happy with the end result? In your opinion, do you think they will be able to achieve a more modern/fashion slim fit in this jacket, if I ask them for it?

9. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

Been eyeing that jacket too but thinking of having Aero put a regular A2 collar on there instead of the ribbed collar. I think the golden camel is a bit more classic. I e-mailed Thurston btw and they quoted me $899 on the jacket.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  10. sinnedk

depends on year and model. my heavy calf stooges does not feel lighter than the toj.

11. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Well-Known Member

I own a few Aero jackets and yes, I've been thrilled with the results each time. Many of their patterns are actually pretty slim fit to start with, as many vintage jackets were made for "vintage bodies" which were like 5'6", 130 pounds. It's hard to tell from their pics of this jacket just how slim it is, but they can take almost every pattern in from the armholes on down. If you have a great fitting jacket, you can send them those dimensions along with your body dimensions to give them some guidance, and of course describe how you want it to fit.

I agree that the natural would be the most versatile, especially if you are looking to wear it Spring / Summer. I'm sure that you're going to find that their goat suede is even more stunning in person.

1 person likes this.
  12. hoodog

hoodog Well-Known Member

$899? Thats a good bit more than the £400 that is quoted on their website. Is the price increase inly because of you collar mod you think?

13. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

Been thinking about getting a TOJ

14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

Not sure if srs or just making a sick joke. :happy: lol

15. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

No I believe they said that was the stock offering. £400 = $600 and maybe there are additional fees associated with shipping, customs, etc to the States?

16. wanksy

wanksy Well-Known Member

calf is definitely heavier than lamb in general. my stooges is a great jacket, but it annoys me to know that there's a jacket half the price with thicker lamb. or maybe it's due to the treatment. it's hammered lamb after all. I probably shouldn't expect a thick lamb (?)

17. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Well-Known Member

Yes, thick lamb is called sheep. In all seriousness, when someone is trying to sell something as especially thick lamb, that's a red flag. Same with calfskin. If you have a calfskin jacket that's as thick as steerhide, then it's probably not actually from a calf.

18. sinnedk

are they taking orders again? I'm confused

19. sinnedk

well both my toj and stooges are calf so the comparison works in this case. lamb is always lighter, my plinth stooges with hidden hood is lamb, its lighter but easiest to wear of my leathers.

20. sinnedk

def part of it but if they don't mark down customs and you get that fee won't it be almost same?

1 person likes this.