1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Official petition to change ChrisGold's title to "Leather Daddy"

1 person likes this.
  2. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

3. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Well-Known Member

Never considered editing a complete post after the fact until today.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Think of the children. They need that post for posterity.

5. docdocgs

docdocgs Well-Known Member

I don't know why I don't really look at this thread very much, but this is pretty fucking funny (and bonus! it's meant to be!). So much vitriol out there; nice to feel a different vibe.
    Oh, and here's the best leather jacket I've ever seen or worn or owned: a1923 in oiled horse leather. Fucking incredible.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

@docdocgs kick ass!!!

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

Please rename to "sparkly leather daddy"

8. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Well-Known Member

^ Thats some sick construction but the jacket is ugly as fuck lol. I feel like Simone should just quit making clothes and frame his beloved pieces of animal skin. For alot of these "designers" the actual product that customers put on their body seems like an afterthought.

9. mboon85

mboon85 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

what would you guys rock with this, boot wise? i feel as though the color demands the denim be very faded, though the model Context or Schott used for their action shots wore dark raws with black boots, wolverines maybe.

thoughts?

10. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

what is ugly about that jacket?

11. JSAN

JSAN Well-Known Member

I don't think it's ugly, just that if it wasn't A1923, you wouldn't even take a second look at it.

12. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

looks a lot like the WJK overlock w/ guidi baby calf

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  13. ChrisGold

I think just about anything but matching it to CXL natural boots. Because the natty CXL looks distressed, dark brown or black boots both look good. IMO this is one of the times that the "I don't give a shit" look really works. Simple, plain shirt, jeans and boots. Anything more will look like trying to hard, but again, just MHO.

14. ChrisGold

I think it's a jacket I might not take a second look at, because it's a pretty straight forward design, but once I got up close and saw that hide and stitching I would be intrigued. I like it.

15. ChrisGold

When I want to pull something out with a little age and patina, I throw this one on, makes a good pub jacket. Circa 1948, still in great condition with original lining and zips, the horsehide is totally sound and not fragile at all. I hope to hold onto this for a long time and see if it continues to develop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  16. westie187

westie187 Well-Known Member

That jacket is fantastic.

17. mboon85

a friend just scooped this off eBay - i posted at the Schott Forum to see if anyone there can tell us more about it. I think it looks great and the seller said the interior tags date it to 1928/30 though, given the color of its zipper and snaps, seems suspect to me. Regardless, I like it. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

18. ChrisGold

Very easy to date Perfecto jackets by their labels. If that is a bull on the left side of the label it is 1970s, if it's a motorcycle rider it is 1980s. A 1928 Perfecto, if one exists, or even 1930, in this type of condition, would not be sold on eBay. It would be sold at Sotheby's. Regardless, it's an interesting jacket, but looks like plastic replacement zips? I've never seen a Perfecto like this, but that doesn't mean anything. My biggest concern would be a 70s - 80s label on a jacket someone is claiming to be one of the very first produced Perfectos. Doesn't pass the smell test.

19. mboon85

I thought maybe the guy claiming the 30s designation might have been misreading a "vintage reissue" tag or something, but even the design seems more 70s to me. We discussed the sketchiness and saw the bidding was low enough that he'd be fine with it under any circumstance.

20. mboon85

[​IMG]