• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ blue 5 zip is awesome IRL regis, would work well with your wardrobe. so you didn't like the orange? i thought that was pretty cool, although it would take some wearing in ..

filcol

Reaction score
I like the blue one too but I think the cream one would fit better in your wardrobe Regis. It would go with like 80% of your fits and always look awesome

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are Lampo, AFAIK the exact same zipper is on every Balmain menswear piece (jeans, jackets, boots, hoodies).

That metallic jacket someone posted looks exactly like every other silver leather (MMM, Paul Smith, Dsquared, Varvatos, RLBL, and I wanna say Phillip Lim and Raf)

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Never paid attention of those zippers, but I just found it good quality and very shiny.

Did some research and found those are good/expensive zippers

off topic but saint laurent has a metallic silver thing of this. :brick:

well and few pair of shoes in same material

Last edited:

Stickers

Reaction score
Below is a pic of my leather jacket. Made in USA by Sniders Leather in Haverhill, Ma in the early 90s. They are no longer in business as far as I can tell. I like the jacket a lot and seems to be of high quality. If anyone knows anything about the company that made this jacket i'd love to hear it.

Last edited:

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never paid attention of those zippers, but I just found it good quality and very shiny.

Did some research and found those are good/expensive zippers

Almost all of my older DH (Hedi era) had Lampo. Never had any issues with them, in metal or plastic.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Siki Im leathers (all outerwear actually) use Lampo, if anyone cares. Don't know if it's still going but allotment uk was doing 50% off leathers. Small selection but included silent, siki im, and I think a couple others. Don't know more than that. Just saw it on their twitter feed

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Lampo is a first rate Zipper that is on par with RiRi and in some ways even better for some kind of things than riri

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i don't know if i'd be sold on a suede 5 zip
interesting, maybe should go to sw&d blazer thread as well

I am sort of the opposite - I'd definitely like the suede 5 zip and that Incarnation turns me off a bit (even though I am normally obsessed with Incarnation).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads