1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. skeen7908

skeen7908 Well-Known Member

Size up at least one, and if you spend a lot of time lifting weights just forget about it altogether

2. amby16

amby16 Active Member

I am a size 48 and I went TTS with the MA+. I have widish shoulders and smaller waist. The jacket fits me perfectly on the shoulders, but is really tight on the waist. If would have sized up, the waist might have been better, but the shoulders would have been badly off.

It really depends on your shoulders to waist proportion. The thing is, if the waist is too tight, you can pull up the lower zip to ease up the tightness and still look great, but you cannot do much about the shoulders.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  3. Adroit

Adroit Well-Known Member

For me, MA+ is anything but TTS. The sleeves are far longer than standard TTS, and the chest is narrower than TTS. if I were going off the actual chest width, I would upsize. Conversely, if I were going off the sleeve length, I would downsize. Long story short, as much as I like certain of the MA+ designs, the sizing does not work for me.

4. spacepope

spacepope Well-Known Member

size up one for outerwear, sometimes two for tees, and usually tts for pants. measurements are always needed tho

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

Don't buy MA+ unless you know are aware of the fit. I have a really hard time getting stuff to fit me the way I like it, other than pants, which tend to fit pretty TTS

6. amby16

amby16 Active Member

There you go, should be an easy decision now! [​IMG]

7. skeen7908

I wouldnt buy it just on the basis that campbell is a fuckwit

1 person likes this.
  8. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

Re: MA+, I have a size 54. Usually I buy size 52, but not always. In Valstar, for instance, I wear a 54. Size L in Inis Meain, but XL in slimmer fitting brands like Esemplare and Japanese stuff. In tailored jackets usually a 52.

The jacket has molded to me a bit over time...I've had it nearly a year now. But it remains a very slim fitting jacket. I do not have a very big drop, so it's kind of corset-like around the midsection.

I think the arms are meant to be long - like past your knuckles. If you want a jacket with sleeves that finish at the wrist, you don't want a different size, you want a different jacket.

1 person likes this.
  9. skeen7908

Yes, the sleeves on that jacket you have are definitely designed to cover the palm, as the opening is very wide (balloons out after the wrist measurement): I presume there is a conceit about wearing it when motorcycling so that it covers your knuckles and your hands don't get cold or some bullshit. You can unzip and fold them back if you want to

10. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, there is so merit to that.

I find sleeves that are long and cover your knuckles do keep you warmer vs. riding down your wrist.

11. fwoedit

fwoedit Active Member

I'm normally a 44 / small 46, but wear a 48 in MA+.

I would never have known that if I hadn't tried one on at H. Lorenzo here in LA first!

48 in MA+ is a perfect fit, and I'm 6', 135 lbs., 30" waist (to give you some idea of my build). In any other designer, I'd be swimming in a 48, but in MA+ it's "just right" snug! Hope that helps!

Also, although yes the sleeves run long, apparently you're supposed to "scrunch up" the sleeves, which is what give that cool "stacked" effect in the elbows, at which point the sleeves ride a bit higher.

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

what

13. fwoedit

fwoedit Active Member

?

14. meso

meso Well-Known Member

15. sepp

sepp Well-Known Member

Leather jackets. Like the look alot.

Are they too heavy duty (warm) for some occasional traveling to cooler climates (15-20c)?

Or a sweater will be more than enough?

16. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

sorry, no offense meant or anything! I am an inch taller than you and weigh no less than 45 lbs more and my reaction was, vaguely, "how can this be." Perhaps I am denser than I give mself credit for.

17. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

i'm 5'6" and he's lighter than me......

@benesyed sorry for calling you a fatboy.

- from a fellow fatboy.

1 person likes this.
  18. fwoedit

fwoedit Active Member

lol. No, it's okay. You're more normal-sized. It's true I am in danger of blowing away in a strong wind. I lift my girlfriend only because she's so petite, and also I pretend it's easier than it is. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Well-Known Member

Semi-related question: Is the Spence.it site legit for Rick Owens stuff? Their prices seem to be on the low side. Thanks!

20. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

They're legit.

Keep in mind you'll pay customs fees on Spence shipments if you're in the US.