1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. chaerimk

chaerimk Active Member

Thanks everyone for your input. I decided to return the jacket and find my truly holy grail jacket. The hunt continue.:)

2. washedout

washedout Well-Known Member

Looks like I'm getting that MH blk dnm in XL since there's only one left. At 350 if it's even remotely average I'll consider it a win. My only concern is the sleeve length.

3. amby16

amby16 Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MA+ bison aviator (from shelter)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    10 people like this.
  4. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

reverse bison right?

5. amby16

amby16 Active Member

^^ It certainly looks like it.

6. sinnedk

not yours?

7. amby16

amby16 Active Member

Nope, got this from the shelter blog (edited the original post).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  8. extraminimal

extraminimal Member

Quote: Ugh, fit's off. I wish I could size down to an XS, but that jacket isn't available in it. I also wish this Sandro weren't sold out in XS (same on Mr Porter). S hasn't worked out in anything I've tried on.

Any suggestions? I'm 5ft8in with a 36in chest.

9. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Well-Known Member

Hit the gym and put on some size?

10. smartie-pants

smartie-pants Well-Known Member

I have the Sandro Norton in a small and it fits like an XS. You may want to try it on for size.

11. extraminimal

extraminimal Member

Not possible; injured sternum. I've actually dropped from a 38in chest due to this injury. Unfortunately, length tends to be a larger issue, as I have a somewhat short torso and prefer a cropped fit.

@smartie-pants I passed on both S and XS Norton a couple months ago at $650 because I couldn't decide on a size to order. What are your measurements (and jacket chest + back length if possible)? I'm really damn tempted to just order a small Ramones based on your word. There's also a boutique near me I might stop by after work to see about sizing.

12. extraminimal

extraminimal Member

Screw it, just ordered a small Sandro Ramones through Mr Porter.

13. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Well-Known Member

Quote:Let us know how it is? It looks awesome

14. sinnedk

Post pics man, thats what this thread is all about

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

those are 2 very different jackets, rider and moto might fit slim but are different. FWIW that sandro looks nice but for the price point i'd go for the vanson x styleforum collab. Belts is out of place and jacket looks a bit too short.

15. Roscius

Roscius Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with acne's gibson? Hoping it hits mr porter so I can finally use my credit.
    @sinnedk where is that first jacket from? Looks quite good

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  16. extraminimal

extraminimal Member

Quote: Thanks for posting the pics. You're right about them being two different directions. I'm concerned about fit and the overall silhouette, which is what attracted me to both. I also love DRs and minimalist motos, so these are pretty much archetypical examples of the styles I'm most into.

On my body, I'm hoping the Sandro's cropped cut will look more typical.

The Vanson collab is something I've been keeping my eye on. Looks like a fantastic jacket and an appealing price point. Most of the leather I've seen from them is a bit heavy for everyday wear, but I've definitely got it in mind as an option.

Quote: First jacket is Leather Jacket 85 by Blk Dnm.

17. smartie-pants

smartie-pants Well-Known Member

The Sandro jackets run small, slim and short. I don't believe they ever carried XS in the Ramones and Nortons, although it's listed on the site. I was advised to order the Small as it fits like an XS. I think you'll be impressed with the Ramones jacket - it's slightly heavier than the Norton and has more of the "classic" look. More importantly, I think the size may work for you - I'm very close to your own size/dimension and also prefer a shorter/cropped jacket.

I'm quite OCD on how I like my clothes to fit so I did quite a bit of research on these jackets. From speaking to Sandro's customer service to having their sales reps measure the jackets for me. The leather quality is superb, the craftsmanship is solid and the fit is spot on.

Keep us posted!

18. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Well-Known Member

I gotta disagree I think the belt looks on point for that jacket. Ro stooges is the only asymmetrical zip I've seen that pulls off having no belt with the epaulets and the toll pocket. Plus if you go on mr porter and look at the pics I'm 80% sure the half belt snaps under the back panel which imo is a ridiculously cool detail, much better than having a full belt and those snap belt loops like on slp and other brands because it keeps the front a little cleaner so it doesn't draw attention to the fact you took the belt off

I can't wait to feel the z150 leather because super thick leathers are what I'm about but for people that want a soft fashion-ey leather the calfskin is probably a better choice

Also with the shortness I notice the sleeves are a little short too which is probably more to do with the model than anything. He probably is something like 6'2" while minimal is 5'8" the torso is gonna look a lot diff on him

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. sinnedk

i am honestly not a fan of belt and belt loops on a jacket so thats my 2c. And i have the stooges which if it had belt loops would kill the look.

20. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Well-Known Member

@sinnedk I agree with you. I think belts make sense on a period piece (like a repro or something) but I don't like the look and wouldn't buy a jacket with one.

1 person likes this.