• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goddamn chaos, I knew you had some nice outerwear but no idea your leather collection was so impressive...But hey, you know who's first in line if you ever decide to downsize on that 5-zip :embar:

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish that Plokhov leather that used to own would work on me reedo, too bad I think it would be too long, and too tight on my torso :(

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish that Plokhov leather that used to own would work on me reedo, too bad I think it would be too long, and too tight on my torso :(

My main problem with that thing was the leather was too thin and flexible and nothing would shape right (esp the collar), and those sleeves were cut almost bell-bottomish

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, chaos, looks like your collection grew from since we met and you tried on my TOJ calf jacket.

chaos

Reaction score
I wish that Plokhov leather that used to own would work on me reedo, too bad I think it would be too long, and too tight on my torso
frown.gif
My main problem with that thing was the leather was too thin and flexible and nothing would shape right (esp the collar), and those sleeves were cut almost bell-bottomish

I liked that Plokhov.

Some comments: the collar was actually pretty rigid compared with my old high collar Intarsia. The back of the collar could stay upright no problem, and the sides of the collar would roll out quite nicely. It's not tight in the torso either, since the taper isn't very extreme (20" P2P, 18.5" hem) and the cut is a little boxy. Length-wise, it worked for me and I'm about 5'9". Personally, the sleeves were a little tight for comfort so I sold it off, otherwise it was a pretty cool jacket. I think member Wojutsior has that Plokhov now, if you wanted to ask him about it. The leather is pretty thin though, slightly crisp texture to it.

Haha, chaos, looks like your collection grew from since we met and you tried on my TOJ calf jacket.

It sure has
satisfied.gif

Last edited:

Lokesh

Reaction score

I've been working on downsizing my leather collection, thought I'd share the keepers so far (bad cell phone pic): Left to right: MMM (Kangaroo) CCP (Calf) MA+ (Horse) TOJ (Calf) RO (Lamb)
So insanely jealous. I need to get myself something good before it gets cold. If one of you saw my leather jacket, your eyes would surely bleed :(

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Haha maybe man, just not very fond of taking cell phone mirror shots

Not sure that it will fit either of you, it's a size 48 (fits a half-size small). Besides, that one is probably my favourite of the lot - it'll probably be the last to go :devil:  (highly recommended if you guys ever come across it)

spacepope: Check Rakuten or y!jp, I actually saw the same horse rider in Size 50 in a used clothing shop (Kind-U) in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. I think it was somewhere in the ballpark of 130,000 yen which is a pretty reasonable price considering retail is something like $4,000. They might still have it listed online :)

i be a 46-47 mon :foo:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha weird we had such different experiences on that Plok, chaos. I do remember the body being a bit boxy/cropped, which wasn't my favorite either.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After trying the Bauhaus in both 48 and 50, I've come to the sad conclusion that the fit just isn't for me. Sleeves were too long and tight in biceps on 48, and 50 was too long in body. I don't know much about leather, but the washed lamb did seem really flimsy too. The pockets also never lay flat, but probably that's due to my waist/height.

Still don't want to give up on Rick though. Chaos, maybe I'll race you for that Intarsia.

filcol

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recent seasons 5zip? I asked the MMM store in Milan for measurements of size 44, this is what they told me:

Shoulder 44 cm (17.3 inch)

Waist Circumference 96 cm (37.8 inch)

Back Length 62 cm (24.4 inch)

Chest Circumference 102 cm (40.2 inch)

Sleeve Length 86 cm (33.9 inch)

Seems huge for a 44/XS. Can anyone confirm this?

who8mahrice

Reaction score
So I received an MMM 5-zip in the mail that I won off of eBay and I'm having some doubts as to it being real or not. This seems like an appropriate thread to ask about it - if not, please direct me to another thread where it is.

It was originally beige, but was dyed a dark brown. So I'm not sure if that's the reason why it feels really weird of leather, almost pleather like. There's also no real leather smell either. Since it's calf, I know it's not supposed to feel as soft/smooth/supple as lambskin, but from what I remember compared to the calfskin black 5zip I tried on at a Barney's once, this isn't anywhere near as soft/smooth either. But again, could be due to the dye, so I'm not sure.

Would take it to a department store and ask, but there's no high end store that carries MMM here as far as I know. Was thinking perhaps a cobbler would be of some help?

Here's an Imgur album with a few pictures: http://imgur.com/a/dEeLO#sgmHzgi

I really appreciate all the help you guys can give!

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if it's not real, it's a damn good fake. all the mmm stuff (staff international tag, the way the logo is stitched, etc) is present, and the "innards" look exactly like a 5-zip i handled a while ago

Last edited:

who8mahrice

Reaction score
@Julien - there are no holes.

Thanks for making me feel at ease, guys. Seems the dyeing just messed with the texture a bit. Was thinking about dyeing over it with black though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads