1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

that rick looks like what rusty wore in european vacation, my neoprene geo is far better

2. d1234

d1234 Member

In terms of volumes, yes, but the margins are much higher in "luxury designer", as the markups in that space generally range from 8X to 12X.

3. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

lv goods are no joke thou, pre sf I had a taiga long wallet, saratov bag, some techno fabric rain jacket, several shoes and shit was tight, tighter than most I've seen, goyard is nice but I'd only get like a small wallet, then again might as well get the fuckyou one from uc

4. Stackson

Stackson Well-Known Member

LV shoe game feel off hard, but there have been a couple designs I liked. There was a pair of suede python runners that were fire but ended up costing $1700 and being sold out by the time I asked about them. I like their sunglasses because they fit my large head and are constructed very well. I just realized this is a leather jacket thread and we have derailed it with purse talk.

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Aren't LV sunglasses made by Luxottica though? IMO there are many better options in that price range or less (I can't think of any particularly unique designs, but I don't follow LV sunglasses closely).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  6. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Who are the pricey Cartier frames made by?

7. canstyleace

........ sesitiveforum edit

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

can we talk about leather jackets

9. freshcutgrass

freshcutgrass Well-Known Member

With over 10 thousand posts, I think it's safe to say we are talking about leather jackets.

The occasional sidebar about democratization of luxury branding or fashion in general is a reasonably valid topic to discuss in most fashion threads.

Gang-whining about being off topic is actually far more annoying than off-topic banter, and off-topic itself.

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

back to leather please

1 person likes this.
  11. canstyleace

agreed, I kind of like this one but have no clue how to size it

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Artking3

Artking3 Well-Known Member

One post requesting to get back on topic is hardly gang-whining.

Talking about luxury branding is a valid topic. So start a new thread to discuss it.

13. colabear

colabear Well-Known Member

I think in its purest form, when someone buys a luxury item like a LV monogram canvas bag, the reason they buy it is because of the pleasure that they get owning a beautifully designed bag made of good materials that will last a long time and will get a lot of use.

The monogram canvas material itself is pure luxury because its lightweight, sturdy, and very durable. The same with the Prada nylon materials, when crafted into bags, they are super functional. The logos and branding is the least important, it's just a way of putting a stamp of approval that you are owning a great product. And that's the real reason why people buy them.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  14. Distorbiant

This is it. This is the most bullshit post on all of styleforum.

1 person likes this.
  15. MrTony92

MrTony92 Well-Known Member

I think he's being sarcastic?

16. Distorbiant

I hope so because I love colabear posts.

This Japanese site compares the two different lamb leathers that Rick put out last season.
    http://www.deepinsideinc.com/blog_byintention/?p=15645

#1 is "rugged" (LR) lamb which features distressing.
    #2 is "glass ice" (LGI) which features more of a sheen to it.

The glass ice model gets a lot of flak online. I think it looks good in those pictures though.

What do you guys think?

I think @artishard116 has one of these more recent Intarsia leathers?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  17. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Well-Known Member

Haven't seen LR before, pictures make it look a bit thicker so I hope it's nice. Handled made in Moldova LGI. Was unimpressed b/c it seemed too thin, but maybe I just didn't like the price tag [​IMG]. Someone with more experience should chime in

18. Distorbiant

Some of those LGI's have been dipping into the $1000 usd territory. Still not sure if its worth that though.

19. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

lol... let's hope so... he must be.

20. Stackson

Stackson Well-Known Member

They are except for a couple pairs that are made in France. I used to be addicted to sunglasses and had quite a few pairs before I realized I only wear 1-2. I have two pairs of LV glasses, both of which I liked the style, they fit of and I haven't seen any where else. I have been focussing on other purchases, like more leather jackets (staying on topic) but my next pair of sunglasses will be Mykita. Been eyeing those for awhile, no pun intended.

1 person likes this.