1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

What color do you think? I dont want black, or tan. My 5-zip is flat matte black.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  2. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

Fit is crazy good Lokesh. Glad you ended up with it.

3. Lokesh

Lokesh Well-Known Member

Thanks man :) Yeah I'm really happy with it!

4. JAMEISTER

JAMEISTER Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I got this rick owens for free:slayer:

5. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Well-Known Member

dude, stop spamming the forum with that fucking picture. You were told to #1 resize and #2 to not post ever again.

2 people like this.
  6. einstine

Looking at the rest of your outfit that does not surprise me. :nodding:
    Hope you didnt pay actual money for that tee either.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  7. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

No offense to anyone involved but that RO looks like it's made out of cardboard compared to the 10Sei and ZB jackets posted on the same page..

8. 5354

5354 Well-Known Member

I heard the new Rick leathers skimped out on quality but older leathers like their oiled calf are supposed to be money

9. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

It's not like there was a time of plenty where all their leathers were made from oiled calf and now the well is dry. There were only a few issues where it was used and they weren't that long ago. I think gleam was one (2010) and then one after that... maybe there's more I'm sure kunk or other RO experts would know. RO is just not a brand that focuses on thickness or quality of leather used, it's more focused on design like many other designer brands.

And oiled calf isn't like some kind of amazing leather that should be put on a pedestal anyways. I've yet to see any calf leather oiled or otherwise from any brand that equals something as amazing as the horse leather used in lokesh's jacket. Though of course people look for different things in their leather. I'm sure there are people who prioritize suppleness... or even thin/paper-likeness in their leathers.

1 person likes this.
  10. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Well-Known Member

Love it! I actually remember seeing your post in WAYWT and thought that your jacket looked great and fit you perfectly, I almost asked you what it was and I thought it could be ZB (I've been having a look at ZB stuff lately, I'm actually waiting for a pair of DNA pants), and he really focuses on quality, unlike some of other designers (actually there were a couple of good posts at SZ about the poor quality of some designer's clothes).

Too bad it didn't fit in my budget, although his prices are pretty good compared to other similar brands.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  11. einstine

12. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Navy

13. Zamb

Zamb Well-Known Member

LOL

Again
    you know nothing about artisanal fashion so you keep yapping away in ignorance
    the jacket was made from a very soft but thick 3oz horse leather and usually soften back to the original feel it had before treatment. The leather was originally beige/ tan/ copper. After the jacket was made, it was then dyed black in a bath of fiber reactive for about 2-3 days which allows for showing hints of the original colors through the overlocked seams. The jacket is then removed from the bath, rinsed in a vinegar and oil solution and dried in a dryer until it it is about 90% dried. it is then placed on a body form that is the size it's to be, to prevent undue shrinkage, and so it would mold to the shape of a body.
    When the jacket is dried it is very stiff, it is then rubbed with a neatsfoot oil solution that prepares it for softening. The jacket could be soften by us here at Zfactorie, but we prefer to leave it like that and have the customer wear the jacket to break it in themselves.

The reason is simple. Wearing the jacket to soften it allows the jacket to mold to the physique of the wearer, in the same manner as raw jeans fades in areas specific to the motion and physique of the wearer and takes on characteristics unique to its wearer. To artificially pre-soften the jacket takes away from this experience that is important to the personalized clothing experience that Zam Barrett Dialogue represents.

As for the wavy Zipper, its a part of the unique features of jackets that are washed, and it looks great................but obviously from your WAYWT pictures you seem incapable of really understanding key features of an aesthetic you want to be a part of but cannot (as yet) seem to grasp

We offer several different options in Leather Jackets each season, so there are heavier and thinner leathers, this season in a paper thin horse that is incredibly strong, we have this same Minimalist leather jacket in the Non Overlocked version also in Calf, We have a Tri Zip leather in Deerskin and the High Neck Inner Leather in a matte black Calf with a very subtle sanded texture.
    It's fine of you to critique our work, but I suggest you try to learn more about exactly what we do before you talk about thinks you dont know

Also, to answer your question. a deep grey or maroon pants would look really great with your 5Zips. slim fitting bit not tight. Drop Crotch in grey would look good with them too.......................enjoy!

17 people like this.
  14. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Well-Known Member

Damn, I saw the classified ad for lokesh's jacket. Really wanted to buy but I was too late by the time I saw it. Woulda been perfect for my proportions. Looks so sick in those pictures and makes me regret not seeing it earlier lol

15. einstine

16. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Your posts would probably be less confusing if you learned to use the quote tag.

5 people like this.
  17. einstine

I agree, I post on my phone a lot and safari usually crashes or never formats the type of code sf uses correctly.

18. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Well-Known Member

I like your product Zam buddy but the thesis defense is too long to read.

19. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

20. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

Z i think you completely misunderstood the guy. He said he liked the jacket just wasn't sure about the wavy zipper. IDK why he needed a lesson about artisanal fashion.

FYI, i do like that particular jacket a lot but have no cash for it.

6 people like this.