1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. westinghouse

westinghouse Well-Known Member

Does anyone know which of Aero's jackets would be considered slim fitting? They have a huge amount of styles to choose from

Half belt, Hercules, and cafe racer are what you want.

2. slappy

slappy Well-Known Member

I like the half belt look a lot, also the highwayman. Apparently you can literally design the jacket yourself which is fun, though the price reflects that level of fun.

3. jchosko

jchosko Well-Known Member

Here's a few of my personal favorites from my modest collection. A vintage Brimaco cafe racer with original Lightning zips. [​IMG] VIntage Taubers of California cafe racer with Talon teardrop chest zips that zip to the outside. [​IMG] And an Aero HG-5 in front quarter horsehide. [​IMG] pardon the crappy bberry pics.

4. slappy

slappy Well-Known Member

Did you get the heavy weight FQHH? If so how long before it became comfortable?

5. westinghouse

westinghouse Well-Known Member

I wore mine around the house for a few hours every night for a week and it became softer. You will also have to knead the collar and pockets or they will never soften up.

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

^ boring. looks like a mall brand pleather.

I like my mall brand pleather bomber jacket, TYVM [​IMG]

7. jchosko

i bought it used on ebay and so it was already soft. wearing the fqhh in the rain and moving around while it is drying will soften it up quite a bit too.

8. slappy

slappy Well-Known Member

How would you describe the fit of that Aero jacket?

9. jchosko

How would you describe the fit of that Aero jacket?
    It's kind of boxey, which i suppose is true to the vintage 1940s-50s aesthetic. The HG-5 is the same jacket as the Highwayman, except with a one piece back, button down collar, no interior windflap, and a strip of leather covering the main zipper from the outside. It looks and feels better on than you would expect--even though it's boxey it doesn't look dumpey. There's quite a bit of taper from the armpits to the waist, and the waist also cinches with some side straps that don't always stay tight. The sleeves are kind of wide, and there's storm cuffs which keep them from riding down your hand. I'd prefer zippered sleeves, which is definitely an option. If you order directly from Aero there's a ton of customization options that they'll do for you for free I believe. Including higher armholes, narrower sleeves, different pocket configurations, zip sleeves, etc...The one thing that I would definitely change about most of the Aeros is their length. I think adding 2" in the body would make this a much better jacket, and I'm not a tall dude--5' 11". But I suppose that would make it look more modern than vintage, which is ok with me, but I think a lot of their customers enjoy the fidelity to the original. If you want more info and pics about Aero jackets check out thefedoralounge.com especially the outerwear forum. There's tons of info there. Here's a few more crappy fit pics of the Aero, hope they help... [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. slappy

slappy Well-Known Member

Thanks man. It looks nice but yea it is somewhat boxy. As you said if you order from them you can specify exactly what you are looking for as they request body measurements to make the jacket for you. Im going to find out if they can make a jacket that isn't boxy and is decently tailored in the sides and chest

11. Narwhale

Narwhale Well-Known Member

Thanks man. It looks nice but yea it is somewhat boxy. As you said if you order from them you can specify exactly what you are looking for as they request body measurements to make the jacket for you. Im going to find out if they can make a jacket that isn't boxy and is decently tailored in the sides and chest

If you want the most fitted the Cafe Racer and the 30's Half Belt are great choices. It's definitely nice to be able to customize almost everything about your jacket for free. I currently have a Long Half Belt on order and these are the changes I made at no extra cost:

-Removed the storm cuffs
    -One vertical internal pocket on the right side
    -Olive gabardine lining
    -Corduroy lining in all pockets
    -3" corduroy facing at hem to prevent lining wear or droop (you can also get leather but they charge extra)

I'm 6', 180 and they recommended a size 38 with +1.5" sleeves and +1.5" body. I'm currently 2 months into my wait (currently about 3-6 months according to most people) and besides the price that's the only bad thing. I really hope I don't have to send it back for some reason.

12. slappy

slappy Well-Known Member

Yea Ive seen recommendations for the 30's Half Belt other places also. Your jacket sounds great and actually similar to what Im thinking in my head. I dont think I want any exterior pockets just holes for the hands and maybe a pocket in the hand hole, I believe someone called it a gun pocket. I also figure Ill get a vertical map pocket in the interior of the jacket. When you get it make sure to post pics

13. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

14. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Well-Known Member

15. dibadiba

dibadiba Well-Known Member

color looks fine but that fits like shit

16. wogbog

wogbog Well-Known Member

Bugly pockets look like tumours.

17. SoCal

SoCal Member

I can't seem to find many webstores that sell Rick Owens leather jackets. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

18. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

That's a big tree

Are we talking tree-tree, or penis under tight pants-tree?

19. Kvc06

Kvc06 Well-Known Member

The tree fell down in the recent mid-west storms [​IMG]

20. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member