1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. splattered

splattered Well-Known Member

Wow thats really nice IMO... i like how far up the zips go on the sleeves

2. stylenoob718

stylenoob718 Well-Known Member

is that style a standard look? I'm really interested in getting something that looks identical/similar to that..

3. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Well-Known Member

Today my heart is broken, I found out the Gaspard jacket made by Surface2Air is officially out of stock in Small. I was actually going to spend $1200 on a jacket, perhaps it is meant to be ?! http://www.surfacetoair.com/project/...00/p1331_1.jpg Gorgeous... and I will never own it. I should have bought it, I hate myself for not pulling the trigger when I had the chance.

4. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

^ It's a cool jacket but 1200 is some serious purchasing power and you should look around for Rick or MMM on sale if you're willing to drop that kind of coin.

5. kvnknrd

^ It's a cool jacket but 1200 is some serious purchasing power and you should look around for Rick or MMM on sale if you're willing to drop that kind of coin.

It definitely is a lot, but I heard there were only 150 made or so. It is definitely a collector's item and you just don't understand... I NEED that jacket. Do you know of any that look that beautifully soft and form fitting? I am a fairly slender guy. 5'8".. 125lb.. it would have fit perfect I just know it. The inside of the pockets were orange when open, I mean... you don't get much cooler than that!!

6. krisxone

krisxone Member

is that style a standard look? I'm really interested in getting something that looks identical/similar to that..
    The jacket was made about 5-6 years back. They're quite hard to find, you might be able to grab one off of ebay. If you're talking about the style of the jacket, I believe it's just styled like a standard moto racer jacket. Check out the TOJ Moto for something similar.

7. kvnknrd

Me in my ol' faithful. It was THIS CLOSE to being replaced by the Surface 2 Air jacket listed above... but I suppose she'll do. I am very much in love with this jacket, it couldn't be more perfect for me.. esp with the detachable hood. Purchased @ ZARA in Liverpool, UK during the summer ironically. Amazing cut, nice and short. Leather cuffs... almost looks like they took some styling cues from Dior.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  8. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Well-Known Member

Not sure what I was thinking but I just ordered this off Bluefly. Hopefully it will suck and I can return it. . .

9. wmmk

wmmk Well-Known Member

I picked up a brown aviator jacket with a detachable fur collar on Saturday. I'll post pictures at the end of the week. In the meantime, is there anything I should do condition the leather? This jacket seems like it could be 40-50 years old and is in good condition, but has a couple cracks here & there.

10. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Would love MMM 5 zip, deff would instakop at a good price.

11. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

Would love MMM 5 zip, deff would instakop at a good price.

I almost cried when I found one in suede at C21 for under $400 and then the 48 on the tag turned out to be an American 48.

[​IMG]

12. westinghouse

westinghouse Well-Known Member

I'll take any Aero front quarter horsehide jacket.

13. kvnknrd

Not sure what I was thinking but I just ordered this off Bluefly.
    Hopefully it will suck and I can return it. . .

Wow man for that price you could have gotten the real thing, why didn't you since that is a straight up copy of the S2A jacket.

14. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

I almost cried when I found one in suede at C21 for under $400 and then the 48 on the tag turned out to be an American 48.

[​IMG]

Wow an American 48, thats massive.... Thats like XXXL or something. Would love a light to medium grey leather or suede. Suede would be nice. It's definitely a grail kop.

15. Hard2Fit

Wow man for that price you could have gotten the real thing, why didn't you since that is a straight up copy of the S2A jacket.

I'm pretty new to leather jackets.
    What's an S2A?
    There's a 60 day return policy so I'm not too worried.

16. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

[​IMG] surface to air

17. stelack

stelack New Member

I'm pretty new to leather jackets. What's an S2A? There's a 60 day return policy so I'm not too worried.
    S2A is Surface to Air Paris... This is the jacket he's talking about I think: [​IMG] This is a colab they did with Kings of Leon although you wouldn't know if you didn't read the label as it is exactly the same as the normal ones they do.. Really soft leather and will last a life time. http://www.goodstead.co.uk/shop/KOL_Leather_Jacket.html You can get 25% off at the moment by using "LAUNDRY" in the coupon code when checking out so it makes it a pretty good price for a leather jacket.

18. Hard2Fit

Interesting.
    From the pictures I actually like the look of the PRPS one better though. . .

19. kvnknrd

I was referring to the one by ppllzz. You can also see the rapper Kid Cudi wearing it in his video for Day N Nite.. just look it up on Youtube and it's on his shoulders within the first 20 seconds.. He's wearing it very small. The coolest part of the jacket is that the inside pockets are colored leather, I think red/orange.

20. Hard2Fit

[​IMG] surface to air
    Yeah, this one is cool. No doubt here.