1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

btw rfx, i bought that blistered intarsia

Nice, probably would have insta-copped too if it were my size. Price is too good to pass up.

2. flyguy7

flyguy7 Well-Known Member

Another big thanks to RFX for the post and sizing advice. Picked up the high collar intarsia.

3. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

I think only certain RO leathers look fine with other clothes. You definitely can't pull off a bauhaus, berger, high collar, and even a mollino in some cases with plain shit. Plus, I think more RO paired with the leather is just more natural. I also think Julius leathers in particular are quite cartoony. To me they are a bit overdistressed at times, and some of them stand out too much for my liking. Their short sleeve cuts on some of them just doesnt make sense as well. I think asides from SS-FW09, and some motos, especially the SS10 one.. there is very little to be impressed about, plus they are highly demanding of more Julius clothing when put on. From my uneducated and inexperienced standpoint it seems Julius trumps RO in quality, but it hasn't really created notable designs that are able to be reproduced every year while having people coming to them. That says a lot about the beauty in the minimal design. Julius is a bit overdone at times I'd say, i.e. number of zippers, treatment, cut, color choices, number of seams. RO seems to push it to a certain limit that says what it wants to, without trying too hard. I use to hate the stooges cuz I thought it was just a lame classic biker leather, but once I got it I noticed the beauty behind the design. new fanboy I guess [​IMG]

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

The version of the stooges in a shrunken leather (goat maybe?) with a huge fur collar, I think it's from FW07 or so - that was good, but I think subsequent versions of the Stooges have not been good. Theres one in a very plain looking oiled calf or something that makes it look very plain and awkward (not to mention the comically long sleeves when you see it IRL) - patterns like those do make sense when when they're gonna get washed to bits and skewed every which way, but without the distressing, I think it looks really odd. Pocket placement, sleeve length like I said, all of the details.

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

^ i have it but also have 38 inch arms so all good

6. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

yah those sleeves dont actually pass my fingers

7. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I think Mollino and most intarsias can be worn with non-RO and non-goth clothes. I've worn my Mollino with Dior jeans and Lanvin hi-tops and I think it isn't bad at all.

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

The version of the stooges in a shrunken leather (goat maybe?) with a huge fur collar, I think it's from FW07 or so - that was good, but I think subsequent versions of the Stooges have not been good. Theres one in a very plain looking oiled calf or something that makes it look very plain and awkward (not to mention the comically long sleeves when you see it IRL) - patterns like those do make sense when when they're gonna get washed to bits and skewed every which way, but without the distressing, I think it looks really odd. Pocket placement, sleeve length like I said, all of the details.

It's washed lamb, well mine is. Def one of the best looking leathers I've seen but price was absurdly expensive and QC was, once again, shit; I had to get my tailor to remove some of the lining because it would puff out and show at the sleeve. It gets better with time as I've worn it under the rain or snow and it has never been washed.

9. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

I really, really want an instarsia in oiled calf (Or horse) with a moto collar. Probably will pick up one of the lambskin moto collar instarsias at some point for warmer weather use in case the dream FW instarsia never comes into existence.

10. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

I also think Julius leathers in particular are quite cartoony. To me they are a bit overdistressed at times, and some of them stand out too much for my liking.

I always thought Julius' sort of anime/video game post-apocalyptic vibe was kind of the point? The entire aesthetic is pretty cartoony

11. Desi

Desi Well-Known Member

I still stand by the fact that FF Versus XIII should had Julius do the character's wardrobe instead of Roen. Would came to the same result.

12. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

I always thought Julius' sort of anime/video game post-apocalyptic vibe was kind of the point? The entire aesthetic is pretty cartoony
    I really don't view it that way at all, but I can see how someone would see it that way.

13. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

I think Mollino and most intarsias can be worn with non-RO and non-goth clothes. I've worn my Mollino with Dior jeans and Lanvin hi-tops and I think it isn't bad at all.
    Yup. That and his motos. easy to pull off without RO errrything. one thing I DONT understand tho is the ppl that say 'what a poser, don't own anything from RO but just one of his leathers'. That's retarded. Too lazy to go back and quote shit, but it's been said quite a few times. kunk-how much did you kop that RO for yoox for?

14. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

I still stand by the fact that FF Versus XIII should had Julius do the character's wardrobe instead of Roen. Would came to the same result.

Roen was a really weird choice, doesn't fit that aesthetic at all IMO

15. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Finally got my stooges, this lamb is so buttery soft and even though it's an xs it stretches well unlike the washed lamb, which is a bit contricting and needs breaking in. This one is very wearable and the sleeves isn't as long in the xs.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

looks a bit small

17. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

A bit but the lamb is very pliable on this one that it doesn't even feels constricting. I'm happy with it since it'll probably stretch a bit and if I go size up, then the sleeves might become too long. Plus it only look small when zipped up and I don't think I'll wear it with the zippers close too often.

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

9 something

Yup. That and his motos. easy to pull off without RO errrything.

one thing I DONT understand tho is the ppl that say 'what a poser, don't own anything from RO but just one of his leathers'. That's retarded. Too lazy to go back and quote shit, but it's been said quite a few times.

kunk-how much did you kop that RO for yoox for?

19. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

you aren't a poser or whatever that means for owning a RO leather solely, but its quite lame seeing them paired with a BoO button up or something quite incongruent, but that subject is a [​IMG]

20. iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Finally got my stooges, this lamb is so buttery soft and even though it's an xs it stretches well unlike the washed lamb, which is a bit contricting and needs breaking in. This one is very wearable and the sleeves isn't as long in the xs. [​IMG][​IMG]
    is the jacket suppose to look like that when zipped up? can you breathe?