1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Honey Conditioner evoluton of how it changes Horween leather........Before and After pics

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bigchelis, Feb 12, 2016.

1. bigchelis

bigchelis Active Member

Hi all,
    I have owned Obenaufs Oil and Cream for my Wolverine 1K's, but recently saw some Tan Wolverine boots that I really wanted but didn't like the bright yellow/tan color on them. Took a chance and purchased them anyway after reading that Leather Honey would change the color a lot more than any other leather treatment.

note: my Brown Wolverine 1000 boots from 2yrs past turned a very dark brown with just Obenauf cream and about 200 days of wear. You might even think they are black from afar. So, figured a yellow tan color would be nice brown at the end.

These are the boots brand new here: way too yellow for my taste, but soft buttery smooth Horween leather is perfect.
    [​IMG]

Than I put 2 coats of Honey Leather conditioner from Amazon website: Very pleasant intense brown now and I am very happy with color change.

[​IMG]

Finally, wore them at least 15 times and put another 2 coats on them in hopes of getting them slightly darker:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016