1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather Arts & Crafts MOTO (Aoyama--Tokyo, Japan) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Kashiwa, May 5, 2012.

1. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Well-Known Member

They only make one shoe in size 4, and I did try it on. It fit just a bit tight for me through the ball, but it was overall a good fit and I'm sure it would loosen up a bit. Problem is it's not really a style I'm interested in.

[​IMG]

2. TheRealBillyOcean

TheRealBillyOcean Well-Known Member

Nice. So as I'm a 10.5 in Redwing GT's. I should be able to fit the Goodyear welted Size 3s. I needed a bit of the actual confirmation.

3. Kashiwa

I don't know about sizing on the RW GT's. If you are around an 11US, I would say these have a good chance of being close to your size, but that is only my best guess.

Also tried the CXL chukkas and they were a bit more roomy than the derby shoes. Apparently the camel chukkas and boots are consistent sizing wise with the CXL chukkas.

4. TimH

TimH Well-Known Member

This collection is just superb - 'footwear with balls' - first class and they make it look so simple - brilliant!

5. kram6136

kram6136 Well-Known Member

Not much action on the thread recently. Has anyone checked out the new 2012 Fall / Winter designs? I was in the shop the other day, and they have some models that aren't on the website yet. I saw brogue shoes and boots made of Horween Chromexcel leather (black, brown, and natural). The designs reminded me of Trickers, but were still fully MOTO. Also saw some Chelsea boots, which I think are new, though those aren't CXL. Worth checking out if you're able to drop in at the Aoyama shop.

6. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Well-Known Member

Did you happen to see if there were some larger sizes? Like a 4 in the brogues?

7. kram6136

^ Ah, good question. No, I didn't ask about larger sizes. They do have up to a 3 at least. Not sure if they run big like the chukkas or not.

In other news, I picked up a pair of their Long Chukkas today. They are in black Horween Chromexcel, and have Dainite soles. I'll post pics when I get a chance. They are really nice. So this is my third pair of MOTOs, after the white camel chukkas and the brown medallion slip-ons. They're all great.

8. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous, questioning whether I need these sausage toes or not haha. Just hope MOTO starts thinking about entering the American/European market, their shoes look absolutely stunning in their simplicity.

9. Kashiwa

^^ What size do you wear? (edit: never mind, I see above that you wear US 13. Are you sure about that? I wear EU 46 and US12. If you are a US12, you'll at least be able to get your foot in their size 3 goodyear welted shoes)

Kram6136, thanks for the info on the new models. I'll be heading to MOTO and MOTOR on Friday, or possibly Saturday, this week to check them out!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  10. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

Interesting, I'll be at MOTO this Friday or Saturday. Maybe I'll see you there.

11. Kashiwa

^^ Crazy! Who knows, maybe I'll lead you there.

12. kram6136

^ I can't afford to go again so soon. Another pair or two, and my MOTO collection will rival my Alden collection. Wife = not thrilled (though she admits they look great).

By the way, the long chukkas are wonderful. Very comfortable from the first wearing. I treated them with Obenauf's Leather Protector before wearing them (for rain protection) and then used a horsehair brush. They responded very well, giving a soft shine. I'll try to get some photos if I can do them justice. Highly recommended, if you can find your size. I got a size 1, the same as my camel chukkas. For reference, I wear an 8.5 on the Alden Tru-balance or Barrie lasts.

Also, the new models are up on the website now, so check them out! http://www.motostyle.jp/leather-silver/item/item-top.html

13. PhiPsi32

I saw the new line up today. The brogues are beefy and remind me of Tricker's. I managed to score a pair of the brown camel boots, size 3. The camel boots are on the way out; so I wanted to get a pair while they're still available. A quick change at my hotel, and they were out on the streets of Tokyo for the evening. Photos to follow once I get back state side.

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Camel boots on way out? :fu:

15. Kashiwa

PhiPsi, awesome pickup! The brown camel boots are sweet!

Indeed. Moto is no longer able to source the camel. They seem to have a few in store and at the warehouse, but the current inventory is the end of the line.

16. PhiPsi32

I was told as much. They were not on display. You have to ask for them specifically. And presumably they are limited to stock on hand as they don't plan to make any more.

17. kram6136

Wow. I'm glad I got my white camel chukkas, then. I really like them - light, comfortable, good in rain, cork neoprene sole, solid construction and the camel looks great.

18. PhiPsi32

It was a tough choice. I liked the white camel boot (didn't see any chukkas unfortunately). But I opted for the brown as it is a better fit overall for my wardrobe. Again, the brogue wingtips look really good too. They are worth checking out in person if you have the opportunity.

19. Kashiwa

You're right! Wonder if they're out of the chukkas now.

Also, some solid new velour boots at Motor. Phi Psi also tried these on at Motor. Some bad ass boots!

[​IMG]

20. PhiPsi32

^^^ Yes, indeed. I got a chance to see a pair of these that were worn by one of the owners during a cross country bike ride. It's very interesting to see and lay hands on the before and after boots. The leather starts out very stiff, but the well worn boots are incredibly supple. It was a difficult choice between the MOTO camel boots and the offerings at MOTOR. I need to find a second and a third job so I can save enough money to go back.