• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Last Pair! NIB Zegna Couture - Sizes 8 - 9D

Status
Not open for further replies.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Up for sale are 3 pairs of top-shelf shoes.

3. NIB Zegna Couture Captoe Derbies (very rare) in 7UK/8US (Note: They fit large; closer to 8.5/9D US)

- Goodyear welted construction
- Made in Italy to Ferragamo Tramezza (or higher) standards
- Channeled Soles
- Retailed for $1400
- NIB (Note: it didn't come with the original box when I bought it; it came with a very nice Prada Box and Prada protective shoe bags, which is included).
- Some minor shopwear that can be buffed out easily. A bargain at:

$599 Shipped

1. Crockett & Jones for RL Burnished Chestnut Calf Captoe Bluchers in 8.5D

- Benchmade in England by C&J
- Goodyear Welted
- Made with French Calfskin
- Beautiful Chestnut Colour
- Comes with original box, shoe bags and care manual

Price: $299 Shipped
SOLD

2. Tom Ford Brown Captoes in 8.5TF (roughly 9/9.5D)

- Made in Italy for Tom Ford by Max Verre
- Channeled soles (this is a feature found in high-end shoes, like C&J Handgrades or EG).
- Beautiful wood finishing on the outsoles
- Dark brown/espresso colour
- Retailed for $1k
- Comes with original shoe bags and box

Price: $399 Shipped SOLD

Attachments

• IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WAKE UP, PEOPLE!

There's a pair of brand new Crockett and Jones staple captoes going for LESS THAN ALLEN EDMONDS!!!

Amazing stuff in here

Baldrick

Reaction score
If only it was 1/2 a size large, seriously thinking about defiling few inches from the feet. Crazy price for RL, cant believe its still avail.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3. NIB Zegna Couture Captoe Derbies (very rare) in 7UK/8US (Note: They fit large; closer to 8.5/9D US)

Zegna XXX Couture, fits larger, and it definitely feels belt build than Tramezza.

Also great C&J here

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zegna XXX Couture, fits larger, and it definitely feels belt build than Tramezza.

Also great C&J here

Thanks! The couture shoes are built to last and I have noticed that they have some features that some Tramezzas lack (i.e. channeled soles). I think it's like the relationship Campanile has with Canali; the shoes they make for Canali outshine their own products.

Zegna mainline shoes used to be like this as well, but lately alot of their shoes have rubber soles and less solid construction.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And come on guys, the Zegnas come with a Prada box!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks! The couture shoes are built to last and I have noticed that they have some features that some Tramezzas lack (i.e. channeled soles). I think it's like the relationship Campanile has with Canali; the shoes they make for Canali outshine their own products.

Zegna mainline shoes used to be like this as well, but lately alot of their shoes have rubber soles and less solid construction.

Zegna mainline was definitely better in 2007, not sure how it is now, their shoe pricing just have been exploding lately. Ferragamo Tramezza is the only one that haven't rise price significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads