1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Last minute advice needed...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jovan, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what I should wear to an interview I have later today at 1:30 PM EST for a cellular accessories store. Interview was set up just yesterday. The people there usually dress in at least a shirt and tie from what I know. So what would you do with:
    -black two button suit: flat front trousers with belt loops, ventless
    -grey three button suit: ticket pocket, flat front without belt loops, dual vents
    -Two clean white shirts, one with narrow collar and barrel cuffs, one with medium spread and double cuff
    -silk textured tie in red
    -silk satin and textured stripe tie in blue/navy
    -silk woven plaid tie in light blue
    -cotton knit tie in light blue with one white and one black horizontal stripe
    -cotton knit tie in black, khaki and red-orange in horizontal stripes.
    -The only pair of dress shoes I have are black blucher cap toes, so not much to discuss here.

So basically I'm wondering whether to show my better dressed side or play it safe here. I do want to show at least somewhat that I'm a step above most of the guys who wear just some shirt, a tie that was probably given to them by their aunt, and Dockers with duckbilled Kenneth Cole monstrosities. Suggestions?

2. philosophe

philosophe Well-Known Member

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

My suggestion: Gray suit, white shirt with barrel cuffs, silk tie in blue or red. Conservative, yes, but put together properly it should still show off your well-dressed side.

4. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

Thanks Doc!

Sorry, had to bust out some Half-Life: Opposing Force quotage. :p

5. mrchapel

mrchapel Well-Known Member

Jovan, I agree with Doc. Remember, this is just a cellular accessories store (unless of course it's a cellular accessories boutique that caters to the stars), no need to go overboard. Best of luck with the interview! [​IMG]

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Thanks Doc!

Sorry, had to bust out some Half-Life: Opposing Force quotage. :p

LOL. Is that the Marine one or the security guard one?

7. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

lawyerdad: It's the generic nickname applied to field medics both in real life and in the game. When the medic heals a squadmate in OpFor, he'll usually say, "Thanks, Doc!"

Interview went okay, but I think the one at Spencer's Gifts later on went better. We'll see!

8. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

lawyerdad: It's the generic nickname applied to field medics both in real life and in the game. When the medic heals a squadmate in OpFor, he'll usually say, "Thanks, Doc!"

Interview went okay, but I think the one at Spencer's Gifts later on went better. We'll see!

What did you wear?

9. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

Grey suit, red tie, button cuff white shirt.

At Spencer's I just wore my normal clothes obviously.