• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
free delivery and return from where?

if you order at Yoox in UK they offer free fast UPS delivery and 7 days return period which is also arranged free by UPS, had returned couple of winter jackets before. It is a really nice policy.

Dan e gee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by consumer222
Hi all, I've seen some blazers and suits on Yoox made by Lardini that I like, and they're rather inexpensive. Lardini is mentioned here and there in a few archived threads on SF, but I can't find anything specific about cuts. Anyone have any experience with Lardini that they'd like to share? I myself am tall, slim, and have long arms, so I need a jacket to have a narrow torso and longer sleeves.
I have bought two Lardini jackets from yoox. The first was a cotton unlined, for £60 odd. The cut is really nice, it drapes well and the lapels have a lovely roll to them. Nothing special, but not tat. I always get compliments on it. The second is a cotton cashmere affair. In fact it's made from a beautiful fabric: Loro Piana Cashpima; which was a pleasant surprise. It cost £70; a steal. It is exquisite. The lapels roll sweetly, it hangs well, and the sleeves are just right. The lining is superb, it has some nice touches, i.e., half moon flaps under the armpits. It is really very well made, and half canvassed to boot. I am 6 foot tall and 154lbs, medium build and have long arms. I buy a 42 (IT52); both the jackets fit perfect. They are not cut too slim at the waist, say like a Piombo; however, they are not straight either. They fit relaxed at the waist, and have a subtle curve. From my experience of Lardini jackets, I'd recommend them to anyone. If you wait, and you're lucky, you can pick them up from yoox at next to nothing.

Getzione

Reaction score
To my knowledge, Tagliatore is typical fashion forward italian brand. Short, slim and with a high buttonstance. Dont know anything about the construction, but the fabric on the few i've seen feels and looks pretty good. I know that in Sicily the brand is considered in a range a bit lower than ex. Zegna.

/G.

elgreco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Getzione
To my knowledge, Tagliatore is typical fashion forward italian brand. Short, slim and with a high buttonstance. Dont know anything about the construction, but the fabric on the few i've seen feels and looks pretty good. I know that in Sicily the brand is considered in a range a bit lower than ex. Zegna.

/G.

I bought a d/b Tagliatore overcoat this past winter and I think it was well worth the bargain. Pretty well constructed, decent fabric (Loro Piana), and looks quite sharp. Extremely fitted at the waist though, so definitely size up.

Some of those Piombo, Boglioli, and Lardini jackets look quite nice, particularly for the price. I'll assume all those makers require American fattiez to size up.

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they recently started carrying Lardini at Bloomy's, pretty pricey comparing to Yoox, ~$1600 retail

Chrenetique

Reaction score
The price for a Lardini suit is $1000, right now on Yoox.

There's nothing for 60 bucks as told above.

jackdaw

Reaction score
I recently bought a cotton/linen Lardini blazer from YOOX--$324 for an unlined, unconstructed summer jacket. Pricey, but I liked the fit and fabric and construction so I kept it. Sized 50 EU or 40 US which gave me a very slim fit and I wear a 39R US. The tags had been hand-corrected to 50EU Longo (long) but the jacket was a good length for me at 5'11" so I assume their slim fit jackets are quite short. The sleeves were way too long which is a problem because they have working cuff buttons. But...the spiffy MOP buttons persuaded me to pay for sleeve alterations.

mjphillips

Reaction score
Yeah if you're in NYC they have a ton of Lardini at bloomingdales 59th st. Suits and sportcoats, and one white dinner jacket.

gwolf

Reaction score
**** i just inhaled my coffee when i read the name of the brand lol!

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mjphillips
Yeah if you're in NYC they have a ton of Lardini at bloomingdales 59th st. Suits and sportcoats, and one white dinner jacket.

Same goes for the Bloomy in San Fran Union Square

Dan e gee

Reaction score

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lardini makes Bloomingdales' house brand.

I suggest you go to a store and try them on................fit is great for slim guys. Also, they are half-canvassed!

I will have a BNWT staple navy pinstripe 38R for sale this weekend =)

Shiny

Reaction score
I'm considering this yoox lardini:

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?cod10=49120689&tskay=3FD17CD7

Any opinions? I have a question on the shoulders. heavily padded? minimal? Prefer minimal. I can fit into a 42r OTR, but really look for 41Rs. Some conflicting info on this thread as their suits being slim fit vs. others saying they are for a large man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads