1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I get the negativity about LEC. Given the sales pricing, I think they're terrific. I mean, yeah, it's no Engineered Garments, but I can't afford that stuff. Not even close . As it is, today I'm wearing an LEC chambray work shirt that I love. I also own one of the heavy twill shirts, which has become my single favorite piece of casual wear. A few months ago I bought one of their Made in USA Jeans, which are also quite nice. I can't remember what I paid for this stuff, but it sure wasn't much. I don't like everything they offer, but bitching about it is ridiculous.

2. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

Seems like like readjusted their prices? Could have sworn their old-new prices for shirts was around 54?

When they first launched it was 29ish

3. Factor Xll

Factor Xll Well-Known Member

When they first launched, you could purchase any of their shirts for ~30 without coupons, with coupons you were looking at ~20 per shirt. They have now raised their prices but the quality have not improved. Still decent for the price but with the higher prices, the quality should be higher as well.

4. Bingham

Bingham Well-Known Member

anyone tried the indigo canvas pants? they are made from Cone Mill canvas- wonder if they are selvage?

5. ant702

ant702 Well-Known Member

I agree with that statement, off in on customer since 1998! Nothings cheap anymore[​IMG] I dont know how long some of you guys have been purchasing from LE; but they're super T's had side vents and better costructed and where almost imperviuos to washing!

6. bl@ster

bl@ster Well-Known Member

Where in the world are the Lands End sales...? Hasn't been a good one in ages :(

7. chuckb

chuckb Well-Known Member

They just finished having a 25% off everything, plus free shipping on orders over $50.

8. rabbitman

rabbitman Well-Known Member

yeah i bought a super t a while back and wasnt impressed. nice material, but the fit was poor. the collar was too tight as well. the LL Bean unshrinkable tee is a better buy if youre looking for a similar product

9. bl@ster

That was about a month or two ago (an eternity in LEC sales time).

10. chuckb

chuckb Well-Known Member

No, I bought something this past sunday at 25% off with free shipping. It could have been the sort of thing where you need to be signed up to receive emails from them, but my girlfriend and I both received codes.

11. ant702

ant702 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll be checking that out real soon[​IMG]

12. lwkeung

lwkeung Well-Known Member

25% off all order PLUS Free Shipping on $50 orders

Savings reflected at checkout when you enter
    Promotion Code: HAPPY
    PIN: 1610

13. bl@ster

To all the people bagging on LEC's value, I have to call bulls**t. Their long sleeve poplin shirts are 39 bucks this year at full price.

I just ordered this gingham:
    http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-checkered-poplin-shirt~235419_-1.html

Current 25% off coupon brings it down to 29 bucks plus tax. Fit is spot on, material is nice. Very similar to J. Crew's soft washed gingham. I find it very hard to complain about LEC. Seems like their prices have started to go lower like the first season they launched. Perhaps they realized their niche was a cheaper J. Crew and to keep prices there? Whatever the case, I like what they're doing and I'm a loyal customer.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  14. Cirred

Cirred Member

15. bl@ster

40% off sale going on now for regularly priced items. Noice.

16. SparhawkJC

SparhawkJC Well-Known Member

17. jamaaltt

jamaaltt Well-Known Member

18. AZsundevil

AZsundevil Well-Known Member

I just ordered two of those poplin shirts, one red and one green. Current coupon code is BRIGHT with PIN #4520 for 40% off. Total incl tax came to $50.82, just barely qualifying for free shipping.

19. Peter1

Peter1 Well-Known Member

The poplin shirts have a really nice hand. The collars are a little stingy for me and I think they could be slimmer in the sleeves, but for the price you can't really complain. Definitely on par with JCrew's house brand shirts. I should pick up a couple more this summer.

20. AZsundevil

AZsundevil Well-Known Member

What does it mean when you say that a shirt has a nice hand?