1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

LA Stores

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cbrokaw, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

I asked if they'd carry any of the Japanese stuff and she asked for an example, I came up with Sugarcane (probably not the best example) and she'd never heard of it. So... I don't think we'll be getting our Blue in Green West anytime soon.

huh, how disappointing. You'd think they'd want to represent esoteric Japanese denim, but it sounds like they'll have every Evisu model under the sun

2. Renault78law

Renault78law Well-Known Member

Does anyone know about the pod thing? Sounds very gimmicky. If it's anything like the thing at levis in Santa Monica, it's a total crock. On-site custom washes sound cool though.

3. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

huh, how disappointing. You'd think they'd want to represent esoteric Japanese denim, but it sounds like they'll have every Evisu model under the sun

I'd be down for some gull-less Evisu :p Also, exclusive pieces from the Japanese Levi's collection could be nice too. Kapital does look very nice though, on their website (some of them at least). These look awesome, but the price does not :p

http://www.kapital.jp/standard/view.php?fCT=3&fN=2

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

the Kapitals do look good, but OUCH nearly $400/pr

If they carry the Euro-only Levis, at least that would be cool. Anyways I'll be checking it out in Sept fo sho

5. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Does anyone know about the pod thing? Sounds very gimmicky. If it's anything like the thing at levis in Santa Monica, it's a total crock. On-site custom washes sound cool though.
    The on-site washes caught my attention, too. Hopefully it'll be open by the end of this month when I'm in town.

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice that they're opening an AmRag/Cafe/Denim something in Fashion Island?

7. Dill

Dill Well-Known Member

On the subject of american rag, what is up with their cheap macy's spinoff brand?

8. whodini

To be honest, I never really made a connection other than sharing the name. Is it a genuine branch-off?

9. Dill

Dill Well-Known Member

To be honest, I never really made a connection other than sharing the name. Is it a genuine branch-off?

I really don't know... Its called American Rag CIE which is the proper name of the store.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

It's the same company. Why did American Rag decid to do this? I don't know exactly, but smart money says that it was for the money.

11. whodini

Too bad. The few times I've seen the jeans they always looked like cheap crap, the fits, the washes, etc. Kinda like how Levi's has their Levi Strauss line.

How exactly did the pod work @ the Levi store in samo?

12. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

13. Renault78law

Renault78law Well-Known Member

14. whodini

Goddamnit. You'd think these people would have the common decency to wait until I got back into LA to have these sales. Total crap.

15. manifest v

manifest v Well-Known Member

Fuck I don't have a car to get to the Barney's sale. DEMMIT!

Anyone wanna drive by Koreatown and let me hitch a ride? [​IMG]

16. yawn

yawn Well-Known Member

take the bus. that's what my girlfriend and i did. unfortunately, i didn't find anything, but she found a really nice blazer for nearly 70% off.