1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

[KOPPO] - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by cmeynier, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmeynier

cmeynier Member

Bonjour !

We've discovered StyleForum a few months ago and it’s a wonderful community to better understand your experiences and opinions about sustainable fashion accessories.

I am Clément, the founder of KOPPO, a French sustainable fashion brand that aims to manufacture high quality products with a timeless design, that both respect the planet and traditional craftsmanship.

I launched KOPPO because of a simple analysis :

Why should we accept that manufacturing is gone to Asia ?
    Why should we embrace the era of disposability ?

For three years, aside of my job for a Swiss watchmaker, I thought about these questions and I worked hard to build a solution: KOPPO. Our first products collection will be timepieces, handmade by French and Swiss artisans.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

What KOPPO's timepieces are about :

- Timeless design, in collaboration with Swiss based designers
    - Dial : uniquely made out of wood using marquetry techniques. Made in France by an exceptional artisan.
    - Straps : vegetable-tanned leather straps handmade in France
    - Swiss quartz movement
    - Assembled by a French watchmaker
    - Warranty : 10 years

Here are some pictures of our watches collections:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The veneers used are : Smoked Spruce, Oak, Ash, Larch and Maple.

Our kickstarter campaign has launched on November, 2nd and we’ve reached our goal in less than two hours. You can pre-order here : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1503994656/luxury-watches-with-wood-marquetry-dial?ref=enitva

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can find us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram

We’d love to hear your feedback ! Don’t hesitate to ask question, it will be a pleasure to exchange with you.

Thank you !
    Clément

PS : KOPPO means small piece of material in French.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    3 people like this.
  2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

An official welcome from the management.

Well, you have all the makings of a winner, I think. An interesting concept, both the watch and the strap made in countries with good labor practices generally, and a good price as well. I wish you well, and welcome you to the Styleforum community. I apologize for the imprecise language. There are many watch aficionados here who know a lot more about watches than do I.

Also, I have never know the word "Koppo" after... 8 years of French Immersion school and numerous trips to France. I guess that you really do learn something new every day.

Cheers,

Fok.

1 person likes this.
  3. TheWraith

TheWraith Well-Known Member

We see a fair few new niche watch brands launched here and via Kickstarter but this is the most unique looking I've thus far seen (the rest are either the same old same old or just ersatz). Welcome aboard and best of luck to you :)

2 people like this.
  4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Not gonna lie. I had to look up "marquetry".

1 person likes this.
  5. TheWraith

I was familiar with parquetry but, like you, not marquetry. You learn something new everyday :)

1 person likes this.
  6. cmeynier

cmeynier Member

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome ! I'm not surprised you didn't learn the word "KOPPO", since it is written copeau in French (it means chip).

@TheWraith Thanks, I'm glad you agree that our watches are bringing something new on the market ! Cartier used wood marquetry on a dial a few years ago but retail price was 80,000$ ... It is also interesting for us to learn that wood marquetry is not really popular in the US, in France it is a very famous know-how which has been introduced in the 17th century by the king LOUIS XIV, to furnish and decorate Versailles and the other royal residences.

Is parquetry the same technique ? Isn't it more for laying a wood flooring ?

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

8. TheWraith

Yes, parquetry is a type of wood flooring, though often in similar patterns as used in your watch dials, @cmeynier I think.

9. OlaM

OlaM New Member

WOW! I like this concept! wood in a watch ! it's amazing. I prefer the simple one, with the light wood! It's a simple model but with a touch of originality.
    Do you have others photos ?
    Thank you !

10. cmeynier

cmeynier Member

Thanks OlaM ! Here are a few videos of the watches :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know what are your thoughts !

Clément

Thread Status: