1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

KMW — believe the hype

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KennyGhetzoff, Mar 16, 2007.

1. adamha21

adamha21 Well-Known Member

Actually I did know, but I e-mailed them like 3 days ago wanting to purchase and haven't heard back. I don't have the time while at work during the day to call them. So if anyone call's or e-mails make sure you mention Adam as well as Fok [​IMG]

2. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

They finished with their stuff and now they're working on other stuff when they're not flying to NYC for 24hr meetings.

I talked with Chad on Monday, he knows he's been MIA to a lot of people (not just the customers), and he's looking forward to wrapping up production in another week to get back to hanging out at the store and answering emails. He's really excited about the spring buys so just a bit more patience and things will go back to normal.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

They finished with their stuff and now they're working on other stuff when they're not flying to NYC for 24hr meetings.

I talked with Chad on Monday, he knows he's been MIA to a lot of people (not just the customers), and he's looking forward to wrapping up production in another week to get back to hanging out at the store and answering emails. He's really excited about the spring buys so just a bit more patience and things will go back to normal.

I caught both Adam and Chad on Monday too. The secret with those two guys is that you have to get *everything* done in one phone call. Otherwise, you are tempting fate.

4. whodini

I caught both Adam and Chad on Monday too. The secret with those two guys is that you have to get *everything* done in one phone call. Otherwise, you are tempting fate.
    It also helps if your caller ID reads, "BevMo" or "Spearmint Rhino."

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

It also helps if your caller ID reads, "BevMo" or "Spearmint Rhino."

Don't you have some fashion articles to write or some nasty girl parts to look at or something?

6. whodini

Don't you have some fashion articles to write or some nasty girl parts to look at or something?
    One down, one to go (those fashion jerks are always ghosts), and no nasty parts tomorrow, just some guy's gallbladder.

7. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

Who else carries black KMWs asides from Context? [​IMG]

8. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Who else carries black KMWs asides from Context? [​IMG]

I think they were exclusive to Context. The blacks are part of the F/W09 collection and I would bet most places will carry them. We ordered 1980's black dry and Rockers black dry.

9. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

I think they were exclusive to Context. The blacks are part of the F/W09 collection and I would bet most places will carry them. We ordered 1980's black dry and Rockers black dry.
    Same as the ones on Context? Black jeans are giving me an instant hard on right now.

10. APK

APK Well-Known Member

What's the rise on the 1980s comparable to? I don't NEED a low-rise jean, but some of the pics I've seen of the 1980s makes the rise look pretty high. The back pockets practically looked like they were almost entirely on the back of the thigh.

11. uhurit

uhurit Well-Known Member

They are a classic mid-rise...don't have the specifics, but from the multiple pairs I own, I'd guess it's around 10", or so...lower on the rockers

12. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Same as the ones on Context? Black jeans are giving me an instant hard on right now.

I don't know if there are identical. There could be subtle changes from season to season. For instance, the current collection SS09 of indigo has contrast stitching and I believe the previous seasons did not. Perhaps someone who owns a pre-SS09 pair can confirm. Several that I have seen from customers wearing and samples did not have this contrast, but I am not positive that this started with SS09.

13. cchen

cchen Well-Known Member

anyone know how to get some kmw denim to patch up holes? i emailed them but haven't gotten a response

14. BB1

BB1 Well-Known Member

I would recommend sizing down 1 with KMW, even for the non-raw. I have a pair of the pre-distressed 1980's and they have stretched out a whole size or more from when they were new. If I had not sized down, they would now be too baggy!

Washing them does not return them to their original size. However, I wash all my denim by hand with minimal agitation and then hang dry.

15. CityHunter

CityHunter Well-Known Member

Has anybody else gone through a pair of the HK constructed KMWs? I have owned a pair of both the Japanese and HK versions of the 1980. Both made of Japanese denim...I don't notice anything substantially different (besides interior branding, the leather patch, and the dual colored selvage thread). I ask because the HK pairs' price point is much lower than the Japanese...maybe you are paying for piece of mind. I dunno.

Then again maybe my hairy thighs cushion the difference in feeling between the two.

16. lovelylover

lovelylover Member

17. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

I would recommend sizing down 1 with KMW

Agree. I sized down 1 in the Chinos.

18. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Has anybody else gone through a pair of the HK constructed KMWs? I have owned a pair of both the Japanese and HK versions of the 1980. Both made of Japanese denim...I don't notice anything substantially different (besides interior branding, the leather patch, and the dual colored selvage thread). I ask because the HK pairs' price point is much lower than the Japanese...maybe you are paying for piece of mind. I dunno. Then again maybe my hairy thighs cushion the difference in feeling between the two.
    Where would you find them? The Made in China versions were pre-2008

19. CityHunter

CityHunter Well-Known Member

Where would you find them? The Made in China versions were pre-2008

They aren't available anymore? I remember they kept a pretty good stock at Denim Bar Online...but I picked mine up at a boutique (which has since closed down) in LA (and the name escapes me) about this time last year.

random: American Rag (LA and OC) used to stock KMW, but the SA told me that they got no love so they stopped stocking them. Why they have been carrying Chimala denim season after season is beyond me. (note: no way am I knocking Chimala...I own a pair and I love them. It just seems that they constantly have a fat-ass stack that never moves, and there is a whole mess that go on sale at the end of the season.)

20. seraphn

seraphn Active Member

I'd size down only 1 also. I got a pair of raw rockers, sized down 2 off of someone from sufu, and it's still a little tight after 2 mo of wear.

also, I'll just repeat what everyone else has said in that the construction and detail of the jeans are top notch - but I could do without the coin pocket selvage. looking to pick up some 1980's when I get the cash!