1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

KMW — believe the hype

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KennyGhetzoff, Mar 16, 2007.

1. larryr

larryr Well-Known Member

edited

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. furo

furo Well-Known Member

Question: how much will a pair of KMW 1980 raw shrink (length) with a cold soak?

3. james_timothy

james_timothy Well-Known Member

no idea... but the hemming on your kmw's make them look much better, for whatever reason.

4. furo

furo Well-Known Member

Thanks, I plan on taking all my jeans back to this tailor - he does a chain stitch hem which is what I haven't been able to find anywhere yet

5. Lotto

Lotto Active Member

[​IMG]

Pair of Raw KMW Rockers I bought from Jay a while back in 2010 when he had that big sale (thanks again!). Love these jeans, these have been worn for maybe a year and a half? Not sure, but I didn't really start wearing them a lot till early 2011.

6. furo

furo Well-Known Member

Looking good, how'd you get them to sit against the wall like that, or are they laying flat on the ground??

7. Weather

Weather Member

It looks like he pinned them to the wall.

8. furo

furo Well-Known Member

Ah yeah I think I can see the thumbtacks

9. Ritchee

Ritchee Well-Known Member

Is KMW still around? Can't seem to find the 1950s. Can anyone recommend a similar brand? I really like the denim and 50s cut. thanks

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

I believe I saw KMW at blue owl workshop still.

11. furo

furo Well-Known Member

The tannery in Cambridge MA may still have a pair or two floating around.

12. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Blue Owl does have some stock but not any sizes in the 1950 cut. I love that cut too...

Come to think of it, Blake (in Portland) might have some stock in that. Worth a call...

13. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Well-Known Member

hey guys, i have an almost new pair of 1980's in black sz 32 if anyone is interested PM me. :)

14. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

KMW

ASubscribed

15. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Are they not making jeans anymore? I have a couple of pairs that are too big for me now and it kills me. Still rockin that belt though.

16. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

^It's unclear if they are all done or just on another leg of the sort of extended hiatus that has plagued them in the past.

Fok? Anyone? Anyone?

17. mtmindc

mtmindc Well-Known Member

I've owned two pairs of 1980s, and after five years and some weight gain, I'm looking for a new pair of slim-straight raw selvage. Since I can't go back to KMW, I was just wondering what people here chosen that lives up to pairs of KMW's they've owned.

What I loved: denim quality, quality of fades, metal buttons, overall fit and finish, minimal branding (esp. the patch).

What I didn't: the price (I wore the hell out of them, but they're by no means cheap), and like a lot of KMW wearers, I could do with a slightly smaller pair of back pockets.

Anybody have any suggestions or testimonials for someone who would buy KMW 1980s again - in a heartbeat - but can't due to present availability?

18. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

Bye bye KMW...sorry to see you go but enjoying the amazing prices at Context! $150 jeans and $95 belts, unreal. I've been wanting one of these belts for years but they were always too expensive. Picked up the belt and a pair of 1980s at Context today.

19. cchen

cchen Well-Known Member

thanks for the heads up! purchased a belt in natural and one in brown. i had wanted these so badly when they were released but didn't want to pay full retail