1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Keratin Treatment - Brazilian Blowout

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Young Scrappy, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Young Scrappy

Young Scrappy Well-Known Member

I have long thick wavy hair. This pic is similar

http://www.myspace.com/drewxpatrick/photos/10948434#{"ImageId":10948434}

I have to gel and hairspray it down in the morning to make a look halfway presentable. The Florida humidity does not allow for any styling. I basically wear it like a helmet Monday thru Friday. Only a for a few hours do I get something I'm satisfied with. This happens mainly because the product starts wearing off but its maintain some form, giving it a more natural look.

Well, for the first time I got my hair straightened and I loved the results (similar to the link below). However, I don't have the patience or the time to do it every morning.

I am considering a keratin treatment. I would like to know if anybody has tried this or heard anything about it, positive or negative.

http://www.exposay.com/charlie-hunnam-25th-annual-love-ride/p/24744/4/?f=Charlie Hunnam

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

Get a haircut, hippie.

3. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

They do work - for around 3 months until it's time to do it again. Not cheap, shop around. Expect to pay around $150 - $225. There are home treatments but I wouldn't do it. The fumes and smells are bad. You have to wait around 48 hrs before you can wash your hair, so put a towel over your pillows.

4. Young Scrappy

Young Scrappy Well-Known Member

Did you get one? If so, did you have to still straighten your hair on a daily basis?

5. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

My hair isn't frizzy or curly enough for one, my ex GF is a stylist and talked non stop about all aspects of hair treatments when I was with her.

Right after the treatment is applied the stylist will take a hair iron and straighten each section of your hair, and after the 48 hour no-wash period your hair will stay pretty straight - you won't have to iron it for 3 months, hence the main benefit of the treatment (plus the frizz smoothing).