1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. katabatic

katabatic Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot - that's really helpful info. We're actually fairly close to the same size (same height & weight, and my chest usually measures 43" (I should double-check that, I recently lost a bunch of weight), I guess I have a deep chest relative to my shoulder width, as whenever I put on a 44 the shoulders are too wide. The Zegna & Isaia 52s I was lucky enough to score recently fit me pretty well.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  2. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

When I initially RSVPed I wasn't necessarily going to buy anything (I didn't think it was a requisite), but wanted to see the products in person. I received some cash as a gift for a custom shirt for the holidays though so I will probably be getting one done by Kent. The gifter was thinking Pink, but I thought of this and will probably do it this way instead.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

The trunk show rsvps are just so that I can have a rough idea of when people are coming. They're not like appointments. So feel free to drop by whenever. No pressure to buy anything.

If anyone would like to get drinks and/or dinner with me and fellow customers, come by around 6:30 pm on any of the days and we can go to one of the numerous excellent nearby East Village bars after I lock up at 7 pm.

This first run will have up to size 12. Size 13 might be in the summer.

4. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Well-Known Member

Okay, here are some more pics of the trial jacket. First set taken during the day with natural light coming through the window, second set at night under artificial light. I know these pics aren't the greatest, but they're probably about the best I can do right now. Also, please excuse the crappy college apartment couch in the background. ;)

Set 1:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Set 2:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thoughts? I'll send these to Kent as well. Seems to be a bit of wrinkling at the back of the right sleeve, as well as a little bit across the back. I assume this can be taken care of with very minor adjustments, though I'm not overly concerned about it. Waist good, or in just a tad?

Once again, overall I'm pretty happy with the fit of the trial jacket, but I welcome all opinions.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Well-Known Member

The sleeves are very close. They need to be shortened, and you have the same issue I do - My right arm is 1cm longer than my left.

The tie is excellent, it has great drape. The blue flower tie is an excellent choice and wearable in most all situations.

6. Al in Philly

Waist in 1cm, right sleeve length -0.5cm, left sleeve length -1cm, rotate right arm back a couple degrees. It might be a little tight across the back.

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

The answer to this question is probably obvious, but I haven't seen it addressed. The MTM process with e-mails back and forth between Kent and the customer can address everything except inseam, right? I assume that the finished suit will come with unfinished trouser hems that the customer takes to a local tailor for hemming.

I'm seriously thinking of making the trip to NYC this weekend to get all my measurements done in one fell swoop.

8. Al in Philly

The gorge also can't be changed.

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I got the trousers on my suit made with a finished inseam and a 2" cuff

10. YourArsenal

YourArsenal Well-Known Member

I also ordered mine finished, I just went with the inseam of a pair of trousers that fit me quite well. But it is possible to order them unfinished.

11. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Well-Known Member

Kent, do you ever plan on making more outerwear in the future? Like an overcoat or maybe the trench in different colors (tan or charcoal or a dark grey would be great)

12. strangedream

strangedream Well-Known Member

Somewhere over the rainbow where you can get drunk
    Kent, I have a similar agenda sftiger--check out wares in person and ask some questions. I would like to stop by on Friday and wondered when would be the least buy time of the day from 11 to 7? I see that on RSVP page that Friday & Saturday are busiest.

13. Kent Wang

Making a khaki trenchcoat in the summer.
    Right now, all times are about equally busy.

14. Omar1223

Omar1223 Well-Known Member

kent are you going to be selling the stock you bring? would it better to come in friday as opposed to later in the weekend or will you have the same stock throughout the weekend?

thanks! im really looking forward to meeting you.

15. Kent Wang

I'm not bringing very much stock to sell, just some pocket squares, ties, cuff links, plaintoe shoes, watches, some leather goods that aren't on the website. If you do want to buy those, then it would be better if you came on Monday afternoon, so other people can still see those goods throughout the weekend.

16. MrChris

MrChris Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any pictures of Kents knit ties in "action"?
    I have one knit from Howard Yount which is very light and see through, which, I prefer. How would Kents knits be in comparison to Howards? It´s quite difficult to determine from the pictures on Kents website if the knits are see through or not.

17. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Well-Known Member

I have a blue knit tie from KW and a black one from HY. Kent's are not see through like HY's. I did find Kent's a bit on the short side for length. You can't really go wrong with either.

18. MrChris

MrChris Well-Known Member

Thank's!

19. Moloch38

Moloch38 Well-Known Member

I have a navy one (pointed tip) and they are not see through at all. Great for summer and seersucker!

20. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

I have a Kent Wang bi-color tie that I LOVE. Would you mind taking a side-by-side comparison? Maybe with some light from the back end?...

I'd be very grateful!