1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

First romp with the Shinagawa...lovely piece, and much more intricate than my desktop made it appear. The cherry blossoms, which I thought to be pure white at first glance, are laced with nice amounts of textured pink...

Will be fun to play around with it and switch it around, to play with different colors.

2 people like this.
  2. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Well-Known Member

Received this MTM suit recently. I like the way the jacket turned out, the pants had to be worked on by my tailor pretty extensively - id advise others to not stray too far from the house cut.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. doodledoc

doodledoc Well-Known Member

The jacket looks very good. Only thing I would recommend is moving the buttons down slightly. The buttons look slightly high no?

1 person likes this.
  4. designated

designated Well-Known Member

@Kent Wang Will there be restock of the swim trunks soon? Been waiting for a few months for size 32!

5. ericgereghty

I would like to happily retract my previously held belief that Wang's cufflinks were too large for functional, use, especially as pertains to the back side of the link.

Every other shirt I have tried my black pearls with has worked easily, or, due to my lack of ambidexterity, easily enough lol...and not once have I wanted to curl up in a fetal position and cry whilst trying to thread them through.

Conclusion is the initial shirt with which I tried them had exceedingly small link openings.

6. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

Any real life photos of the flower blue white tie?

7. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tiger hickory umbrellas

We had them all ready to go but had some problems with the buckles, so now we're waiting on these super premium buckles from Italy. Hopefully they'll be ready in another month, but hard to say.

8. doodledoc

doodledoc Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I want to emphasize that when you look closely as the black pearl cufflinks, they're black, green and pink. Not what I expected but I'm happier that they look this way.

9. ericgereghty

Agreed @doodledoc they take on more of a graphite/chrome hybrid in my view, while picking up various tones depending on lighting...much more versatile than I initially expected.

10. gambit50

gambit50 Well-Known Member

Any holiday or post holiday period codes or coupons usually come out for KW?

11. ericgereghty

I wish, but I think the answer is an overwhelming no. Kent's site states they forego sales (and other more gimmicky techniques) in lieu of consistently low pricing, which, given the quality of his wares, is hard to dispute.

But we can still dream lol

1 person likes this.
  12. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Well-Known Member

Couple shots of the dark brown captoes, coming up on 3 years of wear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  13. CaptainTohm

CaptainTohm Well-Known Member

Those are mighty impressive. They look better IRL than in the online store pictures.

1 person likes this.
  14. ericgereghty

@PiCcolocV excellent stuff. How have they stood up to the test of time? they look to be in great shape.

15. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

You should submit those to @Kent Wang for a bit of store credit.

There is no better evidence of the quality of a pair of shoes than how well the age. That picture makes a damn strong case.

16. Mute

Mute Well-Known Member

Kent, when do you plan on offering MTM overcoats for online customers?

17. razl

razl Well-Known Member

Seriously. And, somehow, they had fallen off my "to be considered in next round of purchases" radar. Just re-noted to myself based on that pic alone - looking great!

18. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Well-Known Member

Your pics inspired me to go and pull the trigger on the Medium Brown.

Luckily for my Canadian wallet, they are out of stock in my size (10.5)...

19. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Impressive for 3 years of wear

20. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Well-Known Member

After the shoes went through their initial break-in, there has been zero apparent wear or signs of any construction starting to slip. I know we tend to throw out the idea high-quality shoes are a long term investment (when in reality we all buy way more shoes than we need because we have a problem), but given there has been essentially no signs of aging after 3 years of wear, these are a legit "wear for 15-20 years" in my mind. All stitching is in perfect condition, sole is still just as tight to the shoe as day 1, no leather cracking since the break-in period. With the topy I added to them, it will be a while before I envision having to have serious work done to them.

1 person likes this.