• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

topos

Reaction score
I want to pick up a couple Kent Wang OCBD's but not sure on sizing. I wear a 16-34 in the BB Extra Slim Fit. 42 chest and 33 waist. I'm guessing I should try a medium/size 15 first?

if i were you (size-wise it sounds like i just about am), i'd try his large first.

Firefox

Reaction score
Silly discussion. Plain and captoe are just about as interchangeable in majority of business situations as a navy and dark grey suit. If you're losing sleep over any of this, you're blessed since apparently you have nothing else of importance to worry about.
(What Ace said as I was typing)
+1. And as razl said, if a very small difference in footwear choice is the difference between getting the job and not getting the job, you probably don't want to work there.

BAO1

Reaction score
Wh
+1. And as razl said, if a very small difference in footwear choice is the difference between getting the job and not getting the job, you probably don't want to work there.

Where exactly did anyone say it would?

The actual point of contention was the vendor's statement that a plain toe and monk are the only black shoes that one needs. A plainly silly point made in a brusque manner in response to a potential customers comment.

All other inferences are made by others who are reading more into this than is there.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You need a black plaintoe for black tie. You don't need a black captoe for anything. For a job interview, I would wear dark brown captoe. If you really want another black shoe, then get something more unusual, like a double monk.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kent

When will you be getting new shipment of the medium brown cap toe?

TIA

Firefox

Reaction score
Just to focus the discussion back on the shoes themselves for a moment, is there a particular AE last that the benchgrade bal fit is closest to? I have several pairs of AEs in 10.5D (all different lasts), and while they all fit, some are snugger than others.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KW #3.

Fabric TR7086 from the Basics Four Seasons 1 book, standard shoulder, twin vent, limited pick stitching, working cuffs, zipper. Needs some steaming but I wanted to wear it today. Cheers.

Last edited:

zinc2162

Reaction score
KW #3.

Fabric TR7086 from the Basics Four Seasons 1 book, standard shoulder, twin vent, limited pick stitching, working cuffs, zipper. Needs some steaming but I wanted to wear it today. Cheers.
The fit is excellent!! I presume this is your third KW suit?

Mariooo

Reaction score

I want to pick up a couple Kent Wang OCBD's but not sure on sizing.  I wear a 16-34 in the BB Extra Slim Fit.  42 chest and 33 waist.  I'm guessing I should try a medium/size 15 first?

if i were you (size-wise it sounds like i just about am), i'd try his large first.

def the large

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those who went through MTM suit process, would you advise against a working cuff on the jacket? I'm a little concern since this is my first go around...Thanks

topos

Reaction score
for those who went through MTM suit process, would you advise against a working cuff on the jacket? I'm a little concern since this is my first go around...Thanks

not necessarily. mine came out fine with the recommended alterations based solely on photos. if you get it right, i don't see why you'd ever change the sleeve length of a jacket.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Topos...yeah, this is what concerned me from the get go but we'll see what they come back with. Mine is taking a little longer as I have in-between sizes on the jacket. I really have to give them credit for willing to send multiple sizes until we can get it right. I'm hoping my last set of fitting pics will produce the final set of recommendations before final measurements. I have to trust their experience and hope for the best..

topos

Reaction score
Thanks Topos...yeah, this is what concerned me from the get go but we'll see what they come back with. Mine is taking a little longer as I have in-between sizes on the jacket. I really have to give them credit for willing to send multiple sizes until we can get it right. I'm hoping my last set of fitting pics will produce the final set of recommendations before final measurements. I have to trust their experience and hope for the best..

I'll say this: every OTR jacket I buy needs to be taken in at the waist, have the sleeves adjusted, and the collar lowered. That they could successfully navigate these changes as well as slimming the sleeves and adjusting the back chest from (admittedly grainy) photos was impressive. My jacket fits great, and I plan to order again. Is it perfect? No, but (a) I can't tell you what would need to be adjusted, and (b) it fits better than all but an MTM suit I had made where I was fitted in person. I imagine many others who have posted fit pics here have had a similar experience to mine in getting the fit right through photos alone.

sftiger

Reaction score

not necessarily. mine came out fine with the recommended alterations based solely on photos. if you get it right, i don't see why you'd ever change the sleeve length of a jacket.

I agree. I wouldn't think that getting the sleeve length right is particularly challenging for MTM. And even if it's not perfect, having a tailor adjust <1/2" or so isn't going to really mess up how the working button cuffs look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads