1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

it's the hand grade brogue on their site

2. dijor

dijor Well-Known Member

---

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  3. irock7777

irock7777 Active Member

I posted this question in the tailor thread but no one has responded. . .its been crickets for responses lately

Quick question on an adjustment im going to make on my next suit. I feel the armhole is just a touch too big. I also feel the bicep can be taken in a touch also. My question is this. If i take in the armhole will it affect the bicep too? Im only thinking of taking each in .5cm. SHould i just do the armhole or is it pretty safe to do both since im only taking in the smallest amount.

Thanks for you help

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  4. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Have you sent Kent pictures and asked his advice? His recommendations are usually pretty good.

5. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

any recommendations for a navy blazer? (don't want it to look orphaned, but still want it to be versatile and not too loud)

6. irock7777

irock7777 Active Member

No and i don't plan to. I am basing this off all my, non Kent Wang, suits that i feel fit just a bit better after alterations I always felt, when having Kents team look at the pics, that they were keeping things too large for my taste(especially the pants) They added too much to the jacket. I questioned that but decided to leave be as it was my first go and they are better at this than me. I had my tailor take in the jacket pretty extensively. I really appreciated the help but This time im going to make my own decisions and if it comes out crappy then its my fault. Im only slightly adjusting the jacket and will have it altered, because with my drop i don't think i can ever get a MTM to look good without alterations.

I just would like to know how taking in the arm hole a touch affects general bicep measurement. Is this the same regardless of who manufactures the suit?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  7. Murlsquirl

Hop sack, Birdseye or pinpoint.

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

If we reduce the armhole by 1 cm then that will also narrow the bicep by 0.5 cm, and vice versa.

If you want a slimmer fit, then just tell us. We'll give you advise on what we think is a good fit, but in the end we'll do whatever you want.

9. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

I've always thought of Birdseye as a suiting fabric.

10. Murlsquirl

Fair enough...hopsack or a fancy weave Air Force blue would probably better choices.

11. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Hi Kent, is the Handgrade brogue navy version a museum calf like the brown version, or just a normal calf.

12. Christopher Essex

Christopher Essex Well-Known Member

Here's a pic of both the C&J Tebury and the KW suede chukka. As you can see, both are quite similar lasts.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Wow, nice comparison! The chukkas really do look like a lighter brown suede than the photos on the site. Was afraid the color would be too similar to the monks but since they are lighter I might reconsider buying them later on :D.

Speaking of monks, got my third DC Lewis last week. Need to buy some better shoe trees though.

[​IMG]

14. europrep

europrep Well-Known Member

Nice collection. I am surprised single monk is that much lighter than the brogues.

15. Agrajag

Agrajag Active Member

Thank you!

16. mike927

mike927 New Member

Just got my KW benchgrade captoe balmoral but once I received them I noticed wrinkles throughout the shoe. Should I be worried and try to get them replaced/refunded or use some saphir renovateur?

The wrinkles go as far as to the toe box but were present before I tried on the shoe. I only wore the shoe to see if they were a fit for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Looks like bad/stretched leather. Or someone tried it on without a shoe horn and wiggled their way in.

18. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Looks like someone tried on the shoe, but you will get wrinkles when you wear them your self anyway. I don't see that is a problem at all.

1 person likes this.
  19. jssdc

jssdc Well-Known Member

I dunno - I've seen these in person at KW's popup and they were beautiful. Maybe it's the lighting but those don't look like the same grade at all.

20. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

I could use some cuff link recs. I'm attending a wedding as a guest in a couple months and wanna get something new other than my standard silver. Planning on wearing a navy GF suit, white shirt, shepherds check tie and white linen PS. Leaning toward the silver oval mop, but I'm not a cuff link aficionado, so I'd love to get some thoughts on what would be elegant, yet appropriate.

Thanks!