1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

At the last trunk show, I tried on the 33 waist pants (I am a true 33 myself) and Kent suggested I get 2 (CM or IN?) taken in at the waist.

EDIT: changed measurement to unknown

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Well-Known Member

Thanks, this is good info as well. I measured a few of my good fitting trousers and even it says 32 waist, they are actually between 33 and 33.75. I think a 34 based on website's measurements will be a good for trial, but something is telling me to go for 36, knowing measurements provided seems to be too big.

3. Winston S.

Not sure if this will make a difference for you, but he also suggested that I get the seat let out. Looking at his suggestions now, I am not sure if the pant adjustments are CM or IN.

Here is exactly what he wrote:

38 jacket (cm)
    Sleeve -0.5
    Angle shoulder -1
    Cuff -0.5
    Length -1
    Waist +1

33 pants
    Waist -2
    Seat +1.5
    Inseam 28.5"

4. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Well-Known Member

Winston, since 33 is not an option from the website, I will pm you for some specifics b/c I think some of our trouser measurements are very close..Thanks

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  5. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Yes, that's fine. Though suit prices are increasing slightly on Oct 1, but if you get measured at the trunk show you'll have until Oct 10.

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Kent usually gives sizing advice in cm, so I'm guessing when he wrote Waist -2 he was saying it should be 2cm smaller.

7. Winston S.

Yes, that would make sense. The inseam threw me off.

8. Beatlegeuse

Got bored during a late meeting and snapped this pic - KW brown captoes with my grey KW suit. This is from the end of a long 14 hour workday...my captoes are very comfortable but my feet were definitely starting to hurt a bit after wearing them for that long. They really are starting to age quite nicely though.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Well-Known Member

B, about how many wears have those seen just out of curiosity?

10. dreamspace

dreamspace Well-Known Member

Wondering (MTM program); If one already has a perfect fitting suit/jacket/trousers, could it be shipped to you for measurements and "cloning"?

11. jlykos

jlykos Member

I have the KW Handgrade brouge (not benchgrade) and the AE Rutledge. I am no great judge of shoe quality, but they appear to be a similar value. The KW shoes have a more comfortable last, small details like a fiddleback sole, and are lighter. The AE look to be a bit better constructed, are heavier, and have a nice lining. As for leather quality, the two are different but both have high quality leathers. The AE leather is more rigid, while the KW is a bit softer and more flexible. I think that both are good looking shoes and excellent values.

12. Beatlegeuse

At least 20+ wears, maybe getting close to 30 but that would just be a guess. They're my go-to shoe when I need to wear a suit, and they're holding up very well so far.

I believe someone asked this before and Kent said no. He needs to base the completed suit off of the trial suit, otherwise he would have to build an entirely new pattern in order to clone a suit that someone sends in. If you really want to do that, you can try a place like Luxire.

I'm no shoe expert either, but the handgrade line that Kent sells are made by DC Lewis, and they are in a much higher quality class than anything made by AE. The hand grade line is meant to compete with brands like EG, G&G, and John Lobb, which are all light years ahead of AE in terms of quality. Check out the official DC Lewis affiliate thread here on SF for more info. Spoo does a big review of their handgrade line and he was really impressed with their quality and ranked them on par with his best, most expensive shoes.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Much better than AE

14. lalaland

lalaland Well-Known Member

15. OlafG

OlafG Well-Known Member

Any fit pics of the Navy trench out there?

16. deepitm

deepitm Well-Known Member

Got the new v2 sneakers in the mail today. I'm pleased. Not quite as substantial as the pairs of Svensson or Bally sneakers I have (which are similar), but priced way better and all around a very pleasing shoe.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. McFIsh

McFIsh Member

Suit pants have managed to form a hole in the side seam below the pocket after three wears. A little bit disappointing.

Otherwise, fit of the suit was generally good. It's a shame the AUD has fallen so much.

18. minervau

minervau Well-Known Member

Any chance there will be a fall/winter lookbook, like we got for the S/S? I would love to see some of those fabrics as more than just swatches.

19. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

What is the sizing like on the sneakers? I don't have a good sneaker reference point, I'm a 9.5D in dress shoes and wear a 9D in Alden's Barrie last.

20. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

I'm afraid not.

Send me an email and we'll get it sorted.

Quote:
    Round up to size 10. Though we're out of stock of the 8 and 9 anyway.

1 person likes this.