1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

dark

2. topos

topos Well-Known Member

I will third the dark and mention I have no regrets about choosing those very shoes myself. A perfect versatile brown shoe for suits. I only wish I had more occasions to wear suits.

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

4th for dark brown. IME they don't look as dark IRL as they do on the website, especially out in direct sunlight. They have almost a museum-type finish to them. I can't think of a better first choice for a solid, well-made, versatile, and extremely well-priced shoe.

4. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Well-Known Member

I got the dark brown cap toe, and can not be happier with it. Pretty incredible the difference in leather/construction vs. a similar priced AE.

5. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Well-Known Member

How generous is the width of the last on the benchgrade shoes?

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I have no arch in my step so I'd consider my foot more wide than narrow. Could give it a shot but perhaps wait for that 8.5 to restock..

Thank you!

7. astrocyte

astrocyte Well-Known Member

My first KW MTM is back from the tailor. He took in a little excess fabric in the back of the chest area. Suit has all the default options (including the charcoal fabric) but with side-adjusters instead of belt-loops. As to why I am showing more cuff on the L than the R, I think I just yanked a little harder on my L shirt cuff as I was putting the jacket on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Looks good.

For future reference - do relaxed poses. No balloon man/electric shock pose. They look silly. I would say the sleeves may need to be changed but I can't tell with the pose.

9. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Fall swatches have arrived. See Fabrics section on the suit page.

1 person likes this.
  10. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Of course all the fabrics I like the best are in the H price range :fu:

11. jeff21

jeff21 Member

I'm in the market for a new pair of dark brown cap toes. Are the quality of these really that much better than AE? Or should I swim upstream and pay for something more?

12. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good. Clean through the shoulders and chest. Do you have wide hips? My only nit for the future is maybe to narrow the jacket thru the hips.

13. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I've owned several pairs of AE over the years (Strand, Park Ave, McAllister) and the KW brown captoe blows them out of the water as far as quality goes. Also, the styling is like nothing you can find from AE. I'd say these are on par with Carmina and maybe C&J benchgrade, if you wanted to step it up quality-wise, you'd have to start looking at makers like Vass, EG, G&G, etc.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  14. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

Astro, I would bring down the buttoning point. Maybe 0.5/1cm. Not much, bit definitely a bit.

15. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Just a heads up. Some of the fabrics got cheaper with the new swatch books. Mainly ones from the Jacket swatchbook.

16. astrocyte

astrocyte Well-Known Member

Thanks to those who provided feedback. My hips are not wide, but at 5'9" and less than 135lbs I'm basically built like a (not particularly tall) pole. Since I don't have much to write home about in the chest/shoulders department, I don't have the standard 6" drop. Perhaps having the hip area of the jacket a little loose accentuates this? I wonder if I should go back to my tailor...

17. mymil

mymil Well-Known Member

Oh, I forgot to mention this: the Gladson linen jacket did not come with a Gladson patch sewn on the inside, for those wondering. It's out getting pressed right now, since it was pretty wrinkly from shipping. I'll be wearing it to a wedding next weekend.

18. Spurious

Spurious Well-Known Member

Long overdue picture of rugby shirt (red maroon, L):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think it fits quite well. A bit of excess fabric on the back and around the arm holes, but nothing noticeable when worn.
    Any comments?

FYI, if relevant, I am 6'2 (188cm) and weigh roughly 184 pounds (83.5kg), not a lot of muscles, but not fat either.

19. descartes

descartes Member

I purchased a kent wang polo in large. I think it is about 1.5 inches too long for me. All other dimensions fit well. Can I expect any shrinkage in length or should have it shortened? Does Kent still do MTM for polos or is this something my tailor could do? Thanks.

20. DayTripper

DayTripper Well-Known Member

Mine was also a little long. I washed it and it didn't shrink much so I got it shortened by a tailor. I think it cost about $10, maybe less.