1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Well-Known Member

Soft shoulder is what I have on both of my suits. I think I'd only go standard shoulder on a DB, and then I'd go roped most likely.

2. effers

effers Well-Known Member

THANK YOU for posting this!

I actually got the exact same fabric (7089) for my upcoming wedding suit. Only changes are peak lapel, standard width, extensive pick stitching, 3 piece, and dark brown horn buttons. We were leaning towards 7087 at first but seeing your outdoor shots now, I'm glad we went with 7089. 7087 would have been far too light in direct sunlight for outdoor wedding photos.

It should be shipping in the next week or so; I cannot wait.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  3. effers

effers Well-Known Member

Also want to publicly thank Kent; he's been very patient (85+ e-mail correspondence on the wedding suit) and extremely helpful throughout the entire process.

This will definitely be one of many future MTM pieces I commission through Kent.

4. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Those shoes are legit. And my SC is going to be 3-roll-2 as well. Whenever it gets here in April. Thanks for the picture.

5. Omar1223

Omar1223 Well-Known Member

Gorge is one of those things that Kent does not let the customer alter right?

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Thanks kmitch, effers, and mrjester for the kind words. Next time I wear it I'll try and get someone to take a better full body pic of the whole suit.

Correct, I believe that gorge can't be altered. Luckily I really liked the gorge on my suit and I wouldn't have changed it anyway.

7. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

I did not know 3-roll-2 was an option. I am seriously considering that now.

For those with the 3-piece, can someone post a picture? My first KW suit is going to be summer, so no vest there, but I would consider it for a 3-season. I don't currently have anything with a vest and am a little hesitant, as I don't want to look too affected.

8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike. This is very similar to the suit I ordered, except I went with standard lapels, brown horn buttons, no ticket pocket, and 1.5" cuffs. I wanted a navy suit, and other dark blue basic wool that is popular looked more midnight to me.

9. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Well-Known Member

Thanks on posting the 7089
    I went to the trunk show in NYC and wanted a standard navy for interviews but thought the 7089 was too dark at first (lighting wasn't that great)
    Kent convinced me otherwise and i was still unsure until your pics.

I did notch lapel, standard width, 2 button, ticket pocket, no cuffs, and side adjusters

10. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

They look pretty sick from what I've seen, I'm planning to post mine when I get it if it doesn't need altered too much.

I always thought if I was going to go with purely functional, I'll go with 1 button. Probably 1 button on any unconstructed half lined ones I get (HOT in AZ) and 3-roll-2 for the more 'proper' jackets, sticking to tradition. Not many 2 buttons for me.

11. jdpirtl22

jdpirtl22 Well-Known Member

Just received a couple polo's and now I'm hooked! Of course going to pick up a couple more polo's and then order the charcoal RTW to get an idea of MTM
    I will def be going with this color for my first KW suit though, it looks great!

12. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Well-Known Member

Do the polos shrink much when washed?

I am a bit taller, and the biggest issue with other brands of polos Ive purchased is that after a few washes with letting them hang to dry they lose their shape. The shirt becomes very "boxy" by shrinking in the length and stretching out in the width.

How are these polos for keeping their shape?

13. LaBowtie

LaBowtie Member

Kent wang's site says

"Any combination of styling choice (collars, cuffs) and fabrics is possible."

Does this mean of the available selection on the site or are there options not displayed like the older striped shirts?

For my first shirt what's the most important measurement to focus on, neck or chest?

14. Samir

Samir Well-Known Member

Kent, ever think you'll make a dark brown blucher? I really want to purchase a pair of your shoes but think something less formal than your captoes would be more flexible in my current wardrobe. Something like the AE Kenilworth with your quality would be perfect.

15. Omar1223

Omar1223 Well-Known Member

^^^^^ I second the idea proposed by Samir. I would love for something like an EG dover in a dark brown.

16. LaBowtie

LaBowtie Member

17. YourArsenal

YourArsenal Well-Known Member

I see there's a new(?) option for unstructured jackets. Anyone tried that yet? Pics?

18. kelwatches

kelwatches Active Member

The polos keep their shape well. I have 3 of them, 2 short sleeves and 1 long.

Do wash in cold water and hang dry/lay dry to maintain the shape.

There are a few fabric which is thin, my purple one is thin, so that might be a factor when you choose your colors.

19. Moloch38

Moloch38 Well-Known Member

I would be down for a dark brown balmoral/blucher as well.

20. Goodman

Goodman Well-Known Member

I was at the trunk show and had a chance to try on the polos. Normally I would purchase a large but I sized up to XL for Kent's polos. The Large was tight around the armhole and body. Not crazy tight but enough that moving up to the XL was an easy decision as any shrinkage in the Large would equal a fail for me. I actually purchased the navy long sleeve polo from Kent at the trunk show and just received 3 short sleeve polos and 1 more long sleeve polo today which I order from the site Friday afternoon. Pretty quick turnaround.

Also purchased a suit and a pair of the Hand grade Sienna Monkstraps at the trunk show so I guess the folks at Barney's, Bergdorf's and Saks won't be seeing much of me any time soon.