1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ManofKent, Nov 10, 2015.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

You're probably out of luck unless Kapital revive that design. A lot of their pieces are made in fairly small runs. Trawling Rakuten/yahoo.jp and using someone like zenmarket is probably your only hope (size 4 doesn't crop up that much either).

1 person likes this.
  2. Americanaaa

Americanaaa Well-Known Member

thanks, that's what i figured.

I was hoping I could find it used somewhere.

3. Nvspwndamnstr39

Nvspwndamnstr39 Well-Known Member

Where no one knows what good coffee is nor what a
    Realized while cleaning out pics from my phone that I never posted a followup on my quest for Kapital Century Denim. Here's my 5p stone sumi's from BiG's black friday sale with Viberg boondockers. Special thanks to @FrankCowperwood for the encouragement. Still working up the courage for a full-body Cowperwood-esque pose...

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Was wondering how those turned out. Love how they look with the Vibergs!

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Oh man this thread is getting me excited... 2017, must get a Ring Coat!

6. skenney

skenney Well-Known Member

The Bureau Belfast has a few ring coats on sale now, just thought I'd let you know.

7. gettoasty

Yeah I am trying to decide on fabric/color

8. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

I was just over at Standard & Strange today and they have both a washed black and washed khaki ring jacket in a soft heavy cotton.

There is something about that coat. It looks like crap on the hanger and looks so cool once anyone puts it on. It has visual bulk (heavy on top) but doesn't feel bulky when you wear it. That washed cotton is soft and comfortable the moment you slip it on. The black ring coat gives almost any guy the same instant cool vibe as you would get with a great black leather jacket.

Another notable item I saw from them today was a collection of their oversized Kapital scarves. Kinda of late 60's Hippie meets India meet Japan. I'd take any of them and especially to wear with a ring coat.

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Washed black sounds like a really good choice.

1 person likes this.
  10. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Well-Known Member

11. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

12. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

@dieworkwear You got a ring coat in 2? I was debating between a 1 or a 2. Both seem fine in length. I'm 5'9" and take a small in pretty much everything. anyone else have input for a good size to get? Johnathan from Bandanna recommended a 2, and I'm leaning towards that right now. But I don't know.

13. gettoasty

I'm also 5'9 and will be purchasing a size 2...eventually

What you getting?? I have my eyes on the cotton green with yellow hood now but it is $$$

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  14. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Yea, I have a size 2. For reference, I'm 5'10, weigh 150-155lbs, and 37" in the chest. From measurements, I was pretty sure I needed a size 1, but I tried it on at Unionmade once and thought it was too short and trim. IMO, the Ring Coat looks better when it's oversized, slouchy, and almost enveloping.

Have tried maybe ten Kapital items and, so far, have been a size 2 in everything. So if you've tried other items, you could fall back on your regular Kapital size.

TBH, I think you'd have to be really short and thin to make the size 1 work.

15. g transistor

Cool thanks. I was actually looking at UM and how they said it was a small, so it's good to hear you went with a 2. I think I'm on a try and pick one up soon.

16. g transistor

I'm looking at the navy wool blanket one but it's $$$ even from Japan. I think that I prefer the wool ones. This particular one doesn't have flap pockets which I like a bit more.

17. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Well-Known Member

I posted about this on the Recent Purchases thread, but neglected to post this here:

Last month, I finally dipped my hand into the proverbial Kapital pool of indigo dye. My first piece wound up being this IDG Jersey Sashiko v-neck t-shirt, from what I believe to be the SS16 season.

[​IMG]
    What drew me to this t-shirt is the asymmetric sashiko stitching along the collar.

[​IMG]

I tried it on at Blue Button Shop and I really liked it, but I just couldn't stomach the price. ($313 CAD after taxes!) Yet I thought about it every so often over the course of a few months.

Then they suddenly did a one-day discount, where I proceeded to break down and rushed over to the shop.

I can't wait until it warms up. I'm thinking of pairing it with shorts, as well as dark blue denim.

There are a couple of other pieces I'm eyeing once I procure enough funds, one of those being a ring coat - my reliable second opinion (my sister) be damned. Here's hoping I don't fall in (too hard).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  18. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

3 people like this.