1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Eustace Tilley, Jan 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. mosivy

mosivy Well-Known Member

I tried one on in-store. The changes are pretty accurately described as a slimmer waist and slightly smaller collar style. If you find your waist currently snug, then maybe size up?

2. mosivy

mosivy Well-Known Member

I don't own any Ascot Chang, but I imagine from what I have read that they are higher in quality. Kamakura offers incredible quality, especially at the price. But Ascot Chang costs more than twice the price for a reason!

1 person likes this.
  3. CharlesThe1337

CharlesThe1337 Well-Known Member

I tried going from a 39-83 to a 40-84. It worked decently, but it's amazing how much of a difference it made. It went from borderline too tight, to definitely too "full". I'm just waiting until I have an opportunity to take it to the tailors to have the sides taken in.

The only other thing I could think of would be to get an NY slim, but I'd have to have the sleeves taken up. The 35" sleeves would be waaaaay to long for me, as 32.5 is spot on.

Thank you for your reply!

1 person likes this.
  4. yywwyy

yywwyy Well-Known Member

I really like Kamakura's new one piece collar shirts and manhattan fit. Here it is in the wild:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    3 people like this.
  5. Turner

Turner Well-Known Member

The collars of the Scilto shirts are very nice, but unfortunately the sleeves are very short. Something like 85-86 cm / 32 inches at size 42.

6. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

85~86 is like 33.5~34 in no? I have the 37 (i.e. 14.5in, a bit small for my size, but don't expect to button) and 81cm, i.e ~32 in was ok for me. I guess I could go to 39, but body would be too big

7. Turner

Turner Well-Known Member

You're right, I would prefer this beautiful shirts with longer sleeves. Normally I wear the Tokyo Slim Fit in 41/89.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017