1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

kabbaz in Robb Report...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by discostu004, May 18, 2005.

1. discostu004

discostu004 Well-Known Member

got my RR best of the best yesterday and in the section of bespoke, Kabbaz was listed as THE shirtmaker. there was also a small blurb that said "mention this article for a buy one get 3 free offer.

2. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

For those of us whose local bookstores haven't yet received the "Best of the Best" issue - care to share the article on Mr. Kabbaz?

3. discostu004

discostu004 Well-Known Member

i dont' know if there's a link yet, but they basically said he made shirts similar to the Gap and land's end. something like that. [​IMG]

4. cuffthis

cuffthis Well-Known Member

and just signed distribution agreement with Wal-Mart. Congrats. [​IMG]

5. Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz Well-Known Member

Alex:

Congrats... Very well deserved.

6. Roy

Roy Well-Known Member

(discostu004 @ May 18 2005,18:46) i dont' know if there's a link yet, but they basically said he made shirts similar to the Gap and land's end. Â something like that. [​IMG]
    That would be good. I think there's a Wal-mart in Germany somewhere. It'd save me the trip to the USA [​IMG]

7. Cliff

Cliff Well-Known Member

(discostu004 @ May 18 2005,18:46) i dont' know if there's a link yet, but they basically said he made shirts similar to the Gap and land's end. Â something like that. [​IMG]
    And starting a short sleeve dress shirt line for Japans' dress down code. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

I just checked - the "Best of the Best" issue will be available at newsstands on the 24th of May.

9. Will

Will Well-Known Member

I understand there's a coupon for a free Kabbaz short sleeved shirt in every issue.

10. cuffthis

cuffthis Well-Known Member

They have the label "A. Kabbaz, for Alan Flusser" in them

11. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Well-Known Member

Well, guys, thanks to all of you hyping the WalMart thing, K-mart jumped in and upped the ante. But just before I signed that deal, Target (Taar-jay) offered concessions in fifteen stores right by the front entrance. So starting next Monday, the Cashmere Bourbon Drinkin' Shirt will be available in the Exclusive Taarjay model (that's the one with manchettes Francois) at the low, low price of only 1995 (place the decimal point correctly and win one for free). Seriously though, thank you all very much for your kind thoughts. It is greatly appreciated. With the magazine selling on newstands for a whopping $10 per issue, the June "Best of the Best" Robb Report will not be available online during its newstand shelf life. Hence, there is no (legitimate) link that I know of. Here's what the press says about it: MALIBU, CA- Scheduled to hit newsstands on May 24, Robb Report magazine's 17th annual "Best of the Best" offers readers an unprecedented selection of products and services that exemplify the very finest that the international luxury world has to offer. The culmination of a year's search for the most extraordinary products and services, "Best of the Best" features premium-quality automobiles, yachts, jewelry, vacations, wines, fashion and other exceptional items. Style Robb Report presents its favorite menswear collections and accessories, as well as the ultimate bespoke wardrobe.

12. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Well-Known Member

that's a good price, but it must be a bitch trying to come up with change for $.005.

13. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Well-Known Member

Easily, actually. Change is one complete hole from a 3.2mm Mother-of-Pearl button.

14. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. [​IMG]

15. Roy

Roy Well-Known Member

Thanks to the Kabbaz Pink Shirt with pink buttons in 'Departures' I got the idea to order a pink Barba with pink buttons. I picked it up today, really love it. So thanks for the idea Alex [​IMG] If there are any nice ideas in Robb Report, maybe somebody likes to share them [​IMG]

16. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

You gotta like one thing about johnapril, at least his insanity is consistent. Jon.

17. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

(johnapril @ May 24 2005,22:55) Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. [​IMG]
    You gotta like one thing about johnapril, at least his insanity is consistent. Jon.
    [​IMG]

18. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

(imageWIS @ May 25 2005,10:21)
    Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    LOL. Jon.

19. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Well-Known Member

20. christian

christian Well-Known Member

I remember Alex Kabbaz making the argument that his customers don't buy any of his shirts because they're trendy or 'cool.' But, doesn't such infomercials serve to attract the very people to seek him out that he proclaims he despises? A lot of the readers of Robb's Report are....