1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Just Received Paul Evans Marrone Wholecut... sizing?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by jb1987, Apr 21, 2016.

1. jb1987

jb1987 Active Member

I searched but could not find an official thread for Paul Evans like there is for Meermin, etc.

So I just received my Paul Evans Marrone Wholecut shoe. These are easily the most expensive shoe I have ever owned. The quality seems to be great although I do not have much to compare. Only thing is the leather seems like it will crease easily but I am not sure about that.
    Only issues I have so far are the color, while very beautiful, does not quite have as much "depth" as I have seen in photos.
    Also the size...how should these shoes fit at the toe? I received a size 8 because it is recommended to go a whole size down and I normally wear a size 9. They are definitely narrow but luckily my feet are not that wide. They are very elongated as well so I am not sure if I need a size down or just not used to how long they are. My GF loves them so there is that...
    Here are some pictures that I think are true to life...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  2. jb1987

jb1987 Active Member

Looks like they are going to send me out the half size smaller so I can compare. Great service!

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Sounds like you will be able to figure out your sizing! Good for them and for you. I am going to move this thread to "Menswear Advice" so that others can learn from your experience.

Cheers,

Fok.

4. jb1987

jb1987 Active Member

Thank you! And sorry thanks for moving it.