1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Just how DO you clean a waxed jacket?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by daspianist, Nov 19, 2011.

1. daspianist

daspianist Well-Known Member

Cheers all,

My gf recently acquired a waxed cotton jacket with textile originated from a certain "British Millerain Co." We were both taken aback by the cleaning instructions, which noted: "SPOT CLEAN DO NOT DRY CLEAN DO NOT BLEACH DO NOT TUMBLE DRY DO NOT IRON." :fu:

I feel a bit uneasy not to be able to wash it, especially the inner part that is cotton and is close to the skin. I am sure you gentleman have such jackets - how do you clean them? Your expertise is appreciated.

2. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

you clean them just as the label says... thats pretty normal.

3. johnnyletrois

johnnyletrois Well-Known Member

I don't think my 70's A7 has ever been cleaned, spot or otherwise.

4. cioni2k

cioni2k Well-Known Member

Beat the hell out of it and spot clean! That's what they're for