1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Just bought a Herringbone blazer, need help!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medugal, Jul 30, 2011.

1. medugal

medugal Member

Hey guys,
    I just bought myself a Brown Herringbone sports coat*. I think it looks great, and I'd been looking for one for a while since they seemed to become somewhat fashionable (at least according to GQ, J Crew, Rugby, etc). The jacket fits great, however my girlfriend HATES it.

Though not the same jacket as follows (which is from J Crew in a black/grey color combo), the fit is nearly identical. The second picture shows the same colors my jacket is (brown/white-grey):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what I'm looking for are just opinions on the jacket (I know it may be difficult based on not having IRL pics), as well as suggestions for what to wear with this jacket (so far I'm leaning towards dark denim).

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  2. JamesX

JamesX Well-Known Member

Did she gave you a reason why she hates it?

And I think that is a sports coat and not a blazer.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  3. medugal

medugal Member

Fixed, thanks! Her reasoning was that it looks like something her Dad would have worn 20 years ago, said in a light-hearted tone of voice.

4. JamesX

JamesX Well-Known Member

The problem is your girlfriend :) If the coat fits you, there is no way anyone would consider it something that their dad would be wearing.

Seems just like a life style difference.

5. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  6. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

It just depends how you pull the coat off with what you are wearing.
    Something like this looks great:

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. hpreston

hpreston Well-Known Member

Saturdays looks are great. You can do a herringbone SC with khakis, gray flannels, jeans etc. Do it with a shirt and tie or with jeans and an unbuttoned shirt. If it fits go with it!