• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jump the Gun UK, great webstore for SUSS

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
It takes a while to get used to the frogmouth pockets

I can't understand why anyone would want regular slash pockets after wearing frogmouths

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am liking the grey lavet colorway too, maybe on the next purchase.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These guys are fast, my order has been dispatched and it hasn't even been 24 hours since I placed my order. Hopefully I get them by the end of this week or early next week.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yea if you order during the day, it will ship while you're asleep. hope the sizing works out for you, they are good about exchanges if you need it

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not JTG, but all Merc stuff (including Sta-Prest trou) is currently 30% off at Stylerocket with code: OCTSAVE30

I'm considering the jumper and gingham shirt - got enough Merc trou already.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
JtG now has a collab boot with Solovair

Made in England, classic 1460 style 8i oxblood. Looks totally legit and a good price

5c7f1e24-69c3-4977-a8ce-087e3ec28eff.main.jpg

Also, they have a charcoal crombie overcoat with a burgundy velvet collar which sounds righteous! VERY limited, I think only 15 total. Jon is supposed to send me a photo in next day or two when they arrive.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Also, they have a charcoal crombie overcoat with a burgundy velvet collar which sounds righteous! VERY limited, I think only 15 total. Jon is supposed to send me a photo in next day or two when they arrive.

**** I hope they make 1 or 2 larger sizes. that does sound deadly.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
JtG now has a collab boot with Solovair

Made in England, classic 1460 style 8i oxblood. Looks totally legit and a good price

Very nice, I saw those on JTG's website. Might spring for those in the coming year.

A word of advice for prospective JTG monkey boot buyers -- they may take a bit of time to break in, but once they do they are fine. When I first got mine from the store in Brighton I thought I made a huge mistake as I sized down 0.5 size and was experiencing pain. But after wearing them around they've broken in nicely. It's too bad the black monkey boots were only a limited run, otherwise I would have gotten a pair of those as well.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ out of curiosity how did you size down ½, since the sizing runs in whole increments?

but to add to any sizing confusion, I've found that Solovair shoes all run TTS, whereas Doc Marten runs a half size small. I get 8UK in DM, but 7UK in Solovair and they fit the same.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Here's photos of the Charcoal crombie with burgundy velvet collar Photo is a bit washed out looking, so I'd guess the actual colorway is a bit darker than how it looks here. I think there are only 15 made, so if anyone is interested it's best to contact them direct and see what sizes they have. It runs TTS (I wear a 38 suit and their 38 coat fits just right)
charcoalcrombie.jpg

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
^^ out of curiosity how did you size down ½, since the sizing runs in whole increments?

I normally wear a 8.5D US in Allen Edmonds, which generally translates to a 7.5 UK. My feet are a bit weird as one foot is size 8.5 and the other is 8.0 (US). I went to the Brighton store, not realizing that they only had whole sizes.

Not to be deterred, and having spent twenty quid on the train ride from London Victoria, I tried on the size 7.0 UK and 8.0 UK monkey boots. The size 8.0 was far too big, and the 7.0 were a touch small so I bought the size 7.0 and wore them with thin socks.

So basically I 'sized down 1/2" because I was determined to leave the Brighton store with a pair of boots, and it worked out rather well in the end.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads