1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Juicers?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by musicguy, Jan 9, 2011.

1. musicguy

musicguy Well-Known Member

My sister's getting married and I want to get her a nice gift. After a bit of prodding her for what she wanted, I've decided upon a quality juicer.

I'm looking to hopefully spend under $400. I've been looking at auger juicers and they seem good.

Any recommendations?

2. alliswell

alliswell Well-Known Member

Your sister should not marry a juicer.

3. musicguy

Your sister should not marry a juicer.
    [​IMG]

I've been seeing videos about the Hurom juicer. Seems pretty good...

4. alliswell

alliswell Well-Known Member

On a more serious note, juicing always seemed like a single-person thing to do. And don't listen to people who say they want healthy things in their lives. Spoil her. Ice-cream makers might be a better fit.

5. musicguy

Thanks for helping brah. lol maybe I'll give them cash.

On the other hand, we both grew up drinking freshly juiced fruits and veggies. I think she'd like it, and her fiancee likes staying healthy. Plus, I wouldn't want my future brother in law to see her wife become an anglo fatass...

6. Tarzan

Tarzan Well-Known Member

7. dragon8

dragon8 Well-Known Member

Jack Lalane juicer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

Kunk is good quality

9. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

i thought this was about people taking steroids [​IMG]

10. dragon8

i thought this was about people taking steroids [​IMG]

Thats in the Health and Body section.

11. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

what about the breville 800jexl? [​IMG]

12. suited

suited Well-Known Member

They seem like a great idea at first, but when you consider how many oranges you need just to make a full glass of juice, you'd have to buy a ridiculous amount of fruit to use the thing on a regular basis. Factor in clean up, and they're a waste of money IMO. Drinking juice won't keep anyone from becoming fat or make anyone that's already fat become skinny. If you're looking out for him, buy them a gym membership.

13. musicguy

They seem like a great idea at first, but when you consider how many oranges you need just to make a full glass of juice, you'd have to buy a ridiculous amount of fruit to use the thing on a regular basis. Factor in clean up, and they're a waste of money IMO. Drinking juice won't keep anyone from becoming fat or make anyone that's already fat become skinny. If you're looking out for him, buy them a gym membership.
    I know my sister... she loves juice. I've owned juicers before. Like I said, we grew up drinking fresh juice regularly. The fat remark was a joke... because that guy recommended an ice cream machine. Ice cream has more calories and fat than juice.

14. musicguy

what about the breville 800jexl? [​IMG]
    I looked into it. It seems to be made well, and has great reviews on Amazon.com. I think an auger type juicer might get the job done better though. Also, I don't think it's available in 220v, which is a key factor for buying a juicer for her.

15. dragon8

what about the breville 800jexl?

[​IMG]

How much is that? It looks pretty complicated to operate

16. dragon8

You need about 6 oranges to make a glass of juice. Fresh juice is much healthier than anything from the store.

17. suited

suited Well-Known Member

You need about 6 oranges to make a glass of juice. Fresh juice is much healthier than anything from the store.

It's also better (nutrient wise) to consume the entire fruit, not just the juice. I don't find it very practical to buy 42 oranges a week just to make 1 glass a day.

18. dragon8

It's also better (nutrient wise) to consume the entire fruit, not just the juice. I don't find it very practical to buy 42 oranges a week just to make 1 glass a day.

It does add up quickly.

19. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

I thought you were talking about steroids.

Sorry I can't help with the juicer ... I'm told to stay out of the kitchen.

20. croth

croth New Member

just eat fruit