1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Smedley alternatives

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MrBoston, Feb 17, 2016.

1. MrBoston

MrBoston New Member

Hi!
    I bought a John Smedley T-shirt a while back and have been living in it ever since, it's by far the best basic i have ever worn (if you don't yet have one, get one!). My plan was to phase out my other tees and build a wardrobe of just these, but I just talked to their support and it seems that the slim fit is gone. Instead they have gone for a standard fit that's between the slim and casual as the only option, which is too bad, as the slim one was incredibly perfect.

To make a long story short, my goal is to find a substitute to the finely knit T-shirt with ribbed cuff and hem in a relatively slim cut, and the big question is if anyone knows where to find it?

Thanks in advance!
    MrB

2. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Mr B, as someone who lives no more than 20 minutes from the JS factory I can only agree with your comments as to their quality.

Thing is because they have set the bar so high alternatives are not out there. Certainly not of a similar standard or even close. Is your JS stuff sea island cotton? I would assume so.

The only real alternative for me is Sunspel. Really good stuff. A little different, yet approx two thirds the price.

LMK how you get on

Best

Cleav