1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Lobb Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dddrees, Feb 22, 2013.

1. jujujoo11

jujujoo11 Well-Known Member

Its a stich on the buckle of william's i have, everything is secure but part of it is popped out. I want it to go back in.

2. coldinboston

coldinboston Well-Known Member

I know this may be anathema to some people on this forum, but if you are considering french toe tips and/or soleguards for your Lobbs or any other shoes consider Leather SPA in NYC. I mailed two pairs there based on the Lobb boutique recommendation and I did receive them back 2 weeks ago. It appears very nicely done (not an expert). The metal tips are recessed, and the sole guard beveled and placed after the sole is sanded. I shipped them from Boston to NYC and all went well with email updates. 2-3 week turnaround. They also repaired the heel on one of the wife's Louboutins in case thats an issue.

*i am not posting this to argue the pros and cons of french toe tips or soleguards,just to provide an option for people that are looking for a cobbler*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. coldinboston

Thats my next color most likely. I recently ordered an MTO and was going to get warwick with claret misty but ended up switching to parisian brown museum at the last minute. Now i need to figure out what model to get in claret. Second time i talk myself out of claret (switched talland boot from claret to bracken also)

4. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Well-Known Member

^^ How much did they cost ^^

I wore my new Becketts for the second time
    today and was nervous about banging them up
    and wearing them out =)

5. coldinboston

40 dollars for the recessed metal tips
    40 dollars for the soleguard (you can specify color if you feel fancy)

1 person likes this.
  6. Nikola

Nikola Well-Known Member

You made excellent choice teaming the Parisian Brown Museum with Warwick. They are a lovely Wingtip style. I was eying for a pair myself. Please share some photos once you receive them if possible.

7. jujujoo11

I have the opportunity to get John Lobb 2009 MTO... What color should I get? Claret, Plum, Navy Museum??? BLACK?

8. Nikola

Nikola Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  9. Nikola

Nikola Well-Known Member

NO WAY! Those are my dream Lobbs! How much were you quoted for those and is there any advantage if more of us take the order? I would most definitely go with the Plum Museum between the the one you wrote. But they would look insane in Walnut Museum Calf if that's still possible to opt for.

10. coldinboston

The 2009 is this one?
    [​IMG]

If so i would go plum or black.

The deep blue misty is also very dark so can be alternative to black. I have not seen navy museum in real life before so not sure about that

11. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

The original colors. It was called Moonlight calf, with three tints. Cabernet, Navy, and one other color that I don't remember. Basically black with hues of red, navy, etc.

The original colors are things of beauty.

12. coldinboston

Will do. I just ordered them beginning of febr so probably still a couple of months of wait (or more)

13. jujujoo11

I currently don't know the price.. Some guy is ordering bulk like 8 shoes and the factory will allow me to jump in on the order. I'm heading to South Coast tomarrow to pick out leather.

Call south coast plaza they are taking order but don't know how many and price.

14. coldinboston

I figured it must have been south coast plaza. They are most accomodating with MTO orders

15. jujujoo11

BTW... Can't wait to see your Parisian brown Warwicks. Yea They stop taking orders sunday.

16. coldinboston

Yes i have the warwicks and garnier ii in plum coming in courtesy of south coast plaza. I have a list from Hong Lee there of about 50-60 styles they can pretty much MTO year around, but usually need trunk shows to get styles like the crepin 2009

17. jujujoo11

That sounds like a good rotation. I myself need to cool it with shoes for a while. I have more than I can wear but the 2009 felt like a impulse buy.

18. coldinboston

Lobb is the one brand that i also fall victim for impulse buys. Usually i can moderate my shoe purchases and know ahead what i want but more often than not i will succumb to an impulse buy when i see a Lobb model that I want/need to have. I am not sure why but Lobb has that effect

1 person likes this.
  19. coldinboston

On a unrelated note.

If you had a choice between
    1.) Ascot
    [​IMG]

2.) Brington

[​IMG]

Which one would go for? And what color?
    Pls ignore that one is prestige and the other is regular line and any price difference.

20. jujujoo11

#2 in any burgandy shade. The tight medallion pattern is more appealing than the one spurring out.