1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. shoewizz

shoewizz Well-Known Member

Please dont ever work in customer service. You are 100% wrong on all of this. If a brand is so petty that they delete comments that are critical yet fair, its usually an indicator of other bad behavior. Instagram has comments for a reason, and its not so fans can just dote on the brand.

The customer service team has full control over what to do. If all they offer is a discount on a NEW purchase when you complain about a problem with an item, its because that is the policy they have set. A high end brand should be doing more for their customers.

Im glad that turnip shared those comments here, where JE cant delete them. I have had the same issue with two JE items that had only been worn a few times, and were treated very well (only handwashed, handled delicately).

1 person likes this.
  2. datriz

datriz Well-Known Member

Owning 3 bars myself, I'll delete the shit comments so quick. It's like running to Yelp and bitching and moaning without actually letting your server/bartender know about issues. Contact JE through email, directly. Problem solved 99 percent of them time.

JE is great with customer service when you actually contact them properly. They have every right to delete that shit.

4 people like this.
  3. ursman

ursman Well-Known Member

Here's a JE story:

They oversold me a pigtail last week. After noticing that one of my items was left unfulfilled for a few days - much longer than usual - I reached out to them. I told them the situation, they told me they would look into it. After a day - they apologized, refunded me my money, and gave me 15% off my next purchase. Very fair. These things happen.

I don't believe that public forums, such as the brand's IG, is a place to discuss displeasure or dirty laundry. JE reps are constantly on this forum taking questions and assisting customers. I have found that every time I've reached out to them via their website, privately, they respond within 24 hours. Multiple members of this forum have had issues with stitching and have GUSHED over how JE has taken the pieces in for repair. I really believe that private matters should be handled privately. But, hey, that's my opinion.

In summary - you have a right to be disappointed that your comments were deleted. But they also have a right to delete comments that they may feel are negative and not necessarily constructive. IG isn't a forum for discussion. At least via email and on a forum like this - they have a real chance to explain, discuss, and try to make things better.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    5 people like this.
  4. GTFan712

GTFan712 Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

I agree with this 100%. I do the same when I have issues. Always been taken care of.

What size and color did you miss out on? Hopefully it isn't the size you end up keeping.

6. ursman

ursman Well-Known Member

Small grey. You and I have similar measurements tho... so, after seeing your fit, I think Medium is going to end up being the winner. I ordered multiple sizes... so I should be fine.

7. JohnBotsford

JohnBotsford Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  8. Jbidwal

You should be ok with the medium. It's not oversized.

9. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Black kake on iG look fire lol

10. JosephD

JosephD Well-Known Member

This man really didn't drop kake mocks after all that

1 person likes this.
  11. nickw207

nickw207 Active Member

LOL woke up at 8 am pst for nothing, going back to sleep...

1 person likes this.
  12. Luciano123

Luciano123 Well-Known Member

13. WilliamTickles

WilliamTickles Well-Known Member

that was savage

1 person likes this.
  14. sussi

sussi Well-Known Member

Should be on Monday.

15. gerg99

gerg99 Well-Known Member

Hah what a tease! I'm stoked he posted that black one too! I've been waiting on that and was having trouble justifying getting the grey too, but if they drop together that choice won't be an issue.

16. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Well-Known Member

Trolled... vicious savagery

1 person likes this.
  17. Jbidwal

People just assumed things. Never seen them just drop things randomly. Always give a date and time

1 person likes this.
  18. aaronj15

aaronj15 Well-Known Member

JE usually gives a heads up on IG and Twitter before drops.

19. aaronj15

aaronj15 Well-Known Member

last items I copped was the charcoal villain that originally dropped with the midnight capsule and an olive crew tee, these Kake mocks are pulling me back.

20. trevorxflyint

trevorxflyint Well-Known Member

I know it's a long shot, but does anywhere have the oversized pocket crews with any type of discount? Having a hard time justifying paying over $100 for a tee