1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

They have not been restocked yet. They are going to be in a couple of weeks.

2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

My villain pullover came and I honestly love it. I like it more than even my quilted villain hoodie. The neck isn't as wide as I thought it might be but just slightly where it actually looks more stylish than a normal neck. It basically has the U tee neck. If you like that, you will like this.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  3. piluchavez

piluchavez Well-Known Member

Are all of the jeans low rise? I remember trying on a pair at America Rag and I really liked the wash but the rise was a bit too low for me.

4. max-t

max-t Well-Known Member

the neck on the saint laurent sweatshirt pullovers' is similar. i feel like it looks a mess if you wear anything visible underneath it. even wifebeaters poke out and look sloppy.

5. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Well-Known Member

^ you have to straightin whatever you have underneath and it will look fine. Just have to get the angles right and play with it. If u don't then haha it will

6. max-t

max-t Well-Known Member

in my experience that doesn't really work. i dont want to keep adjusting my collar area like a wedgie

7. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Well-Known Member

You only need to adjust when putting it on, after that stays in place.

But yeah I guess easier to pull off wearing nothing underneath

8. JohnBotsford

JohnBotsford Member

@JohnElliottCo Will the non-quilted escobar drop in March be the old sizing or the new updated size? And when will the XS escobar size drop? I was very excited to purchase the new escobars, until I learned that my size was just completely eliminated from production.

9. Potsnu

Potsnu Well-Known Member

If you can't fit into the smallest size which is a 27", you should be buying a sandwich and not premium sweatpants.

1 person likes this.
  10. JohnBotsford

JohnBotsford Member

Dude is 5'10" 155 and wearing a small... Everyone smaller than that shouldn't need to bulk up, but thanks.

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

We are working on a solution for guys smaller than our current size small, either by scaling back to the old fit or by introducing XS.

I will keep you updated!

12. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Well-Known Member

What size jeans you usually wear? Asking so that I can size appropriately.

13. JohnBotsford

JohnBotsford Member

Thank you! Appreciate it.

14. dantatzai

dantatzai Well-Known Member

Do you suggest the u neck tee or mercer tank to place underneath?

15. sussi

sussi Well-Known Member

mercer tank would definitely look better, because it has similar cut at the bottom. U neck tee wouldn't look so "matchy" but it will look good anyway.

16. dantatzai

dantatzai Well-Known Member

Thanks! Too bad the release of the tee with a mercer neck won't be out until much later.

17. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

So is it possible to make an exchange for an out of stock item? Like, if I return an item and not what item I want and then just wait for the restock for it to be mailed out?
    The reason I ask is because I am returning that crewneck villain but want the dual zip flash which is out of stock in XL. If I return for a full refund then obviously I lose shipping both ways and have to pay for shipping again when I reorder, but if it was still in stock then it would be shipped out for free.
    You guys should really offer a store credit option as well for returns/exchanges.

18. Stackson

Stackson Well-Known Member

Got the black quilted Escobar 2 pants in to from Atrium NY. The quality was good, no issues with the stitching at all. The problem I had was with the sizing. I'm 6 ft with a size 34 waist and I got the XL. They are too long, the quilted part hits below the knees, they thighs are baggy, the legs are baggy, the waist fits perfect but they fit like tights around my junk. I would like to believe I have such a massive package but I don't think thats the case. Afraid to see what the L would fit like because if it fixed the sizing the legs I feel it would only amplify the code piece effect.

19. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

I remember them being a little snug on the junk when I first got them as well but they are fine now. I've had them since like Sept/October though. fwiw I am 6"2 with a 33/34 waist and got the XL also but from what I understand the quilted ones run a size small, so maybe an XXL would work better.

20. Stackson

Stackson Well-Known Member

Then the rest would be even baggier, not the look I was going for. Oh well they might not be for my body type, still a quality piece. The shirts fit perfect, so I'll stick with those.