1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ChronBong

ChronBong Well-Known Member

Although I have one question, about this.

John Elliott + Co Flash Dual Fullzip

How thin is that hoodie? I'm hoping it's really thin type of hoodie.

2. gentlypfister

gentlypfister Well-Known Member

Yea bro - I second that. And I am not a big clothing brand guy. JE had me at simple, quality you can feel items. Now it's getting slightly steep without any unique details.

On another note, I went to Union LA to day and grabbed black hooded villain. I need a good "go to" black hoodie, and this looks and feels like it. I ordered the black Rue, but I don't love the side slits. I wish they were half the depth...but that's just me. Returning it and keeping the villain.

Also, I tried on the OS Hoodie in Olive in XXL (that's all they had). It was huge and I wish i knew if i were a L or an XL. I'm an XL in the Villain, so assuming a L? Anyways, i really liked the light cloth. Perfect for LA...but should have been $50 cheaper in my opinion. You just get a much more substantial hoodie for the same price from JE. Would make sense.

I also tried on the Flatback Thermal Shorts in black. I actually loved them. Not so much to pay $200 for lightweight shorts... but man, the L fit great and these are perfect weekenders. I would scoop up if they ever went on sale, but it's tough to stomach that much for light cotton shorts.

Overall, i'll keep my eye out for the shorts, and I may scoop up a L OS hoodie if I can;t get my hands on a Kake Mock...

3. justjohn

justjohn Well-Known Member

Machine wash and hang dry on my regular JE terry and tees.
    The more expensive pieces like jackets and loopwheel, dry clean

Never had any issues so far

4. justjohn

Its similar as the Villain hoodie.
    Very slim fitting though so recommend go up 1 size

5. ChronBong

ChronBong Well-Known Member

Ok thanks, good to know but I meant the material itself, is it thick or thin? cuz I want to pair with a varsity jacket that fits me nicely so therefore i need a THIN type of hoodie, not like linen thin obviously but you know?

6. justjohn

If you want thin, go with the recent released hoodies from SS16.
    Saw many members saying how thin it was compare to terrys from past seasons so had passed up.

7. hyyvii

hyyvii Well-Known Member

The fit is very slim fitting and the terry is normal JE terry not to heavy but not thin at all it will keep you warm

8. hyyvii

hyyvii Well-Known Member

speaking off Duel Flash anyone interested in a Black size 1 (small) from 2014

nothing wrong with it just that my shorty took it from me a while ago and wash it so it not a true black anymore more of a ashy washed black looking to buy a new one but want to sell it first PM if interested will let it go for $100

feel free to delete this message

9. datriz

datriz Well-Known Member

Anyone have issues with the difference in sizing between Cast 2 raw denim colors?

I copped a size 32 in Stretch Kane, Stretch Obsidian, and Stretch Graphite. Kane and Graphite are exactly the same. Obsidian is NOTICEABLY smaller. Measurements are more like a 31.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  10. GTFan712

GTFan712 Well-Known Member

When considering the price of the OS, remember the living color wash process adds to the cost as well. The Washed Mercer Tee had a 35% price increase ($26) over the standard Mercer Tee, so taking that into account, a standard, unwashed OS would retail at $128 at the least, or $176 at the most.

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

I won't be surprised if the oversized hoodie comes in the normal terry. Maybe as a limited item but the demand is too much for this not to happen.

As for living color, what's supposed to happen with wear. I'm curious to see what a well worn item will end up looking like

12. OakGhost

OakGhost Well-Known Member

Just picked up,the black mech tank (pictured under the older snap over shirt) and a small dark grey duel flash (Pictured under an SLP L01 and teddy) both of which I'm really happy with.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. dcvm1979

dcvm1979 Well-Known Member

Nice fit pics @Oakghost...lookin like money
    @datriz ..I have the cast 2 obsidia and Kane also both the same size and to me...the Kane is more snug but then again I have wore the bla k since the day they were delivered maybe I just have to put more time in em...I would lay em both down on top of each other maybe even measure em..could be an label error at the warehouse no biggie if so just email them ...they got u

14. rbroseph

rbroseph Well-Known Member

Still scratching my head over the OS cropped tee 2 though...

15. rbroseph

rbroseph Well-Known Member

For those super eager for the denim; looks like 4 washes:
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. Mackp12

Mackp12 Well-Known Member

Hopefully we see a stretch coast eventually.

17. Yexu5y

Yexu5y Well-Known Member

I would go true to size for flash dual if it's going under a varsity, because the terry does stretch a bit after multiple washes and wear. It is a thin hoodie imo.

1 person likes this.
  18. Mackp12

Mackp12 Well-Known Member

I used to be a part of the size up crew for villains/dual flashes but that is only because when you first try on their terry pieces they are really snug and that makes you assume to size up. But true to size is where its at.... stretches out after a few wears and conforms perfectly.

1 person likes this.
  19. CH03

CH03 Well-Known Member

Does it have the living color treatment? No mention of wash before wear on the product page...

Edit: disregard if you were referring to the hoodie, I assumed you meant the tee.

20. OakGhost

OakGhost Well-Known Member