1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Well-Known Member

If you wear L or XL and want a certain percentage off of the irresdecent flight jacket in navy or olive then it's out there

Good luck. Ends at midnight

2. godforshort

godforshort Well-Known Member

You are going to have the JE reps up all night trying to shut that down.

3. dvxnick

dvxnick Well-Known Member

Certain store in Michigan? Saw that too. A couple other items still up there too

4. WilliamTickles

WilliamTickles Well-Known Member

Is the plaster heavy crop T a JE site exclusive? Haven't been able to find it elsewhere and it's sold out in XL on the site...

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

Denim is coming this week I think. JE dropping hints on Twitter

6. rbroseph

rbroseph Well-Known Member

Looks like Revolve just got them in.

7. GTFan712

GTFan712 Well-Known Member

8. panhuysen

panhuysen New Member

9. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Well-Known Member

So the plaster engineered pants came in. And yes the waist is 38 inches for a size large. It's a weird design (not sure what the goal was here) because the rest of the pant fit as a 32-34 pant should fit but with a 38 waist. Sizing down to a M I believe would fit too tightly in other areas. For instance the crotch is not dropped that much so a medium would probably be too tight there. To wear these pants the drawstring laces must be tied and at a pretty substantial tightness because the waistband is just so wide. This is a little bit of a negative for me bc if you want a more "formal" look you must hide the drawstrings by tucking them into the waistband. FYI I am 6 ft 180-185 pounds slim athletic build.

The pants are also made in China which I was disappointed with. Assuming JE will say it's because it's a technical fabric. Though I do already notice the quality is not on par with their garments made in USA. I can see several loose threads already on a number of different areas prominently near the buttons and on inside seam, but nothing game changing. Still it's an ominous sign for a brand new garment.

The Crop tee is just sick. I got the plaster one and I'm going to layer some cool back side graphic/design tees underneath it. Fishtail crew in olive is amazing too btw.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

you mind posting some pics of the actual pants. curious to see how it looks with the wide waist.

11. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Well-Known Member

damn lol no wonder pricing is so much cheaper than I expected. Glad I passed on these.

12. GTFan712

GTFan712 Well-Known Member

You knew it was coming eventually. Olive Villain. Thursday *11am* ET.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  13. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

^ 11AM EST, caption has been updated on IG

14. seraphm2

seraphm2 Well-Known Member

Olive villain is a must cop.

15. rbroseph

rbroseph Well-Known Member

hoping for more plaster terry!

1 person likes this.
  16. b19pen15

b19pen15 Well-Known Member

Why any brand wouldn't clearly state where an item is manufactured is beyond me (and almost all high end brands do). While I know it's not JE's intention, it come off as misleading.

The people who buy JE seem to be generally educated consumers and would likely care about where their clothing is made. Even if China is preferred for technical fabrics, why leave that "surprise" for after the item is received? ("Made in China" does at times have unnecessary stigma, but that isn't an excuse to not honestly list something as such, and if anything it promotes the stigma by treating it as if it's something to be hidden.)

This also goes for their Made in U.S.A. items.

17. ASpec818

ASpec818 Well-Known Member

anyone have fit pics of the fishtail raincoat? The piece looks pretty awesome. With the forecasted el nino coming in, I might want to invest in some "technical" rain jacket.

18. fdyla

fdyla Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. doveshow

doveshow Member

Finally. Will be copped as soon as it hits the site.

20. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Well-Known Member

Co-sign this!