1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Atbeezy

Atbeezy Member

Man. Just got the Cast in graphite in the mail ( thanks to @TheTruth83 for the sell)
    Couldn't be more stoked on everything about these. The fit is on point. Still a bit weirded out that my thighs fit into a 30(barely) but the waist is still quite big.
    Definitely love them. Now to just figure out how to work em into a mostly black wardrobe.

2. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Well-Known Member

Not sure that's an "ignorant" statement by any means, I actually agree, that jacket doesn't look good and they should have picked a different model. To say that someone's statement is ignorant because you like a certain style and it shows off your watch is, well, ignorant?

1 person likes this.
  3. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Well-Known Member

"Ignorant" may have been a stretch. My main point is, just because you don't like the design doesn't mean it's poor, it's a very well made jacket, it just doesn't suit your aesthetic.

1 person likes this.
  4. shadowmoses

shadowmoses Active Member

Will there be a re-stock of the co-mix U neck tees?

Also, would they fit the same as a regular U neck, or should one size up?

5. victoorious

victoorious Well-Known Member

anyone got any info on that EXPO TEE? is it just a curved back?

6. TheTruth83

TheTruth83 Member

fd
    Glad to see you like them and I still don't understand the fit of these things. Towards the legs they fit fine but the upper half was a whole different story.

7. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Well-Known Member

If only the Rider had an extended option like the Mercer tees. Great piece, but too short in my opinion.

8. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Well-Known Member

The rider jacket? Motos are usually cropped like that. That's how they're "suppose" to be

I am one who isn't a fan of the extended mercers. The normal ones are long enough/perfect lol

But they must be hot if they are making them more and more

9. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Well-Known Member

I get that but if you have broad shoulders and chest, the jacket doesn't work. That's why I was thinking if it was 3 inches longer it might work. The Bomber and Teddy jackets were also too short.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

Might have to pick up the plaster sweats. Loving the dune, moon and plaster combos. Add the charcoal and you got even more options.

11. Jbidwal

I agree on the extended but they also are more slim so they fit a bit different. Still like the normal cut better though.

12. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Well-Known Member

The Rider is not even cropped though. Jacket length on a size medium is 25.25, that's actually quite long.
    Just got a ToJ delivered with a length of 21.5 and it hits a lil past my belt line.

13. nepats81

nepats81 Well-Known Member

The design is HORRIBLE. it just doesn't fit. My comment has nothing to do with the cropped length. It's to do with the sleeve length. It doesn't even fit the model they selected. It might be YOUR preference to have a jacket with stupid short sleeves, but its not proper fitting nor is it good design. Go to GAP.com. The clothing fits the models on that website. Its a shame that JE is now at the point that he is so cocky that he can have a crap product on his website for $1100 and not be ashamed at all. Solution - spend $200 on ASOS for a cheap crap leather jacket and save $900.

14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

You know models wear samples right? They probably didn't have the right size for the model at the time, they would have had one, single piece that was a Medium or whatever. it's happened on numerous occasions with JE's product shots.

15. BlakeRVA

BlakeRVA Well-Known Member

The sleeves aren't even short though.. they are hitting right above the models hands. If you don't like the fit, don't buy the jacket. Presto! Problem solved.

16. Cg23

Cg23 Well-Known Member

Not the first time he has modeled for JE. They obviously know his measurements. They clearly intended for this look on this product. It is a look, some like, some dont. I do think it looks better w/ long sleeves underneath. Isnt the first time they have done the shorter sleeve look for the shoot. Can it be odd? Yeah sure. I get that you would want it to look how it will on a custumer. But understand this is most likely just a look that some go for in their shoots and the garment doesnt end up actually having awkwardly short sleeves. Definitely not the first time JE has modeled this look. To think they just said ah f it, we dont know his size, measurements , etc, and just decided to just put it up is a little rediculous. I understand why it could confuse but calm down.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  17. GTFan712

GTFan712 Well-Known Member

Dudes really in here heated about product photos?

1 person likes this.
  18. Jbidwal

Lol thinking the same. All the matters is how it looks on you.

19. dantatzai

dantatzai Well-Known Member

Lol...

20. Atbeezy

Atbeezy Member

Yeah man kinda crazy. And now the waist has stretched a good 2 inches!! Haha