1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

You mised out on the extended length so the ones they have are normal length. I personally find the sleeves a bit too wide for my liking. I still have some though. Been debating getting the sleeves altered to be more slim.

1 person likes this.
  2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Yeah, only long long sleeves I own are button ups and some of my knits, especially the Jil and Ervell knits, are super itchy, so I'm looking for long sleeves that would work for that, I'm assuming the long sleeves are the same weight and fabric as the short sleeves? Tanks I would just use for summer I guess, what is the difference with the old scar tank and the mercer tank?

edit: Wide sleeves are very necessary for me, one of the things I like about JE tee's is they aren't stupid slim in the sleeves so my XL's don't look like smediums.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

Same fabric. The cut is the main difference. One is the u style the other is the split hem. I find the sleeves to be too wide by the forearm and wrist area. The upper arm is fine.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  4. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Well-Known Member

i have a few long sleeves for sale all worn once or twice. All large longsleeve Grey u neck, charcoal u neck, charcoal extended mercer. Pm for details if interested.

5. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Well-Known Member

Someone post fit pics of the RUE!

6. rufiorufiorufio

rufiorufiorufio Well-Known Member

HOPE YALL AINT REFERRING TO ME PAL

7. srizvi722

srizvi722 Well-Known Member

pass on it! I got it and thought i loved it, but realized it's an awkward fit

8. chase504

chase504 Member

Anybody pick up the new mix grey villain? How different is it from the dark grey?

9. godforshort

godforshort Well-Known Member

Medium

10. GTFan712

GTFan712 Well-Known Member

From product photos the color looks slightly lighter than the Dark Grey, but not different enough to warrant a purchase IMO. I'm hoping a restock of the original Grey is coming along soon so I can give my Dark Grey Villain some rest.

11. TorontoGTA

TorontoGTA Well-Known Member

its a bit lighter to the dark gray,

but i prefer dark gray over the mix gray.

12. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Well-Known Member

I got the original grey villain crew sweater and it's really light in color.

13. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Well-Known Member

Mix Grey was disappointing. I returned my Kitos because of the mix grey color.

14. srizvi722

srizvi722 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Mix grey is nice, but compared to the other greys JE has released, it's the worst. I held onto my mix grey villain to use as a beater bc at the end of the day, grey is always awesome.

15. Gutiinthebooty

Gutiinthebooty Well-Known Member

for those of you who wear the JE tees regularly or daily, how long have they lasted you? do the seams begin to de-thread after a while? Im debating whether to go all in on the tees or not, and seeing whether itd be worth the steep price.

16. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Well-Known Member

They are worth it, quality and fit are great.

Silk blend>CoMix>Regular.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  17. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Only issues I've had with T's is tearing at the back of the neck with the label is sewn in. All of my T's are from the first run, so they are all old-ish to begin with, and they've added reinforcement elsewhere so I assume they've done so with the tags as well.

18. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Well-Known Member

Not specifically you, but yeah you included but I've also seen worse on here than your story. People just being bratty man. Almost like JE is too nice sometimes.

19. ExAngel

ExAngel Well-Known Member

Yeah I meant in General, but your post triggered it, especially since you received the hoodie as a gift and expect JE to fix the problem or send you another.. Not sure what you want them to do for you.

20. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Well-Known Member

Yea they do go over the top with customer service sometimes, that's great for them but it is crazy so,e of the stuff people complain about. Rufio...what would u like them to do for you?