1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. justjohn

justjohn Well-Known Member

Would love to have JE Tees in Burgundy

2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

I want to see a "out of shape" crew. Where the neck is wider like on the mercer and the hem isn't perfectly straight around.

3. StPauli

StPauli Well-Known Member

Strong list. What about some Midnight Blue Escobars?

4. helvete

helvete Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that up!

5. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Well-Known Member

No plans for a black co mix tee I found out today :(

6. itsJujuuu

itsJujuuu Active Member

Somebody buy my black Loopwheel villain size M haha

7. Bash Tian

Bash Tian Well-Known Member

on most items i am medium for villains i have to size up because i have long arms and the sleeves on the medium would be too short.

8. DonHeebenhof

DonHeebenhof Well-Known Member

what do you want for it

9. Bash Tian

Bash Tian Well-Known Member

i second the request for charcoal escobars. olive villain would be appreciated as well.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  10. Hennessy1

Hennessy1 Active Member

Really hoping that the LS mercer tee in dune will restock. But just copped the LS mercer tee in midnight and mercer tank in grey so I could get my fix until the khaki denim drops. Those are a must cop for me.

11. GTFan712

GTFan712 Well-Known Member

Olive Terry and Charcoal Terry would be certainly appreciated.

12. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

I'll offer a counterpoint to people saying to size down on the u-necks and say that you should size based on the shoulder width. If the seams hit inside your actual shoulders and / or the shirt is too tight, it's going to look like you borrowed your girlfriend's t-shirt; you're better off erring on the side of oversized for a more relaxed look.

I haven't gotten the co-mix or midnight u-necks I ordered yet (which was what, yesterday? and they're coming from CA, so I figure it'll take a few days), so I can't speak to them specifically, but I've gone TTS with a 2 / medium on the curve u-necks I've ordered in the past and been happy with the fit.

As far as length is concerned, the longer body length seems to fit in with the rest of the JE+Co look; drop crotch sweats are going to look better with a longer tee and probably kind of silly with a shorter one. You also get a better layering effect when your base layer is longer in the body than your outer layer, so a longer tee under a shorter sweatshirt makes sense.

2 people like this.
  13. GTFan712

GTFan712 Well-Known Member

For those looking for an alternative to the $176 Court Short to pair with the Kendo Tights, Revolve has the Lima Short on sale for $94 and $110. Discount code TULIP brings them down to $84.60 and $99 shipped. Retail was $156.

Grey Duo $94 http://www.revolveclothing.com/john-elliott-co-lima-short-in-grey/dp/JELL-MF1/
    Black $94 http://www.revolveclothing.com/john-elliott-co-lima-short-in-black/dp/JELL-MF2/

Grey Duo 2 $110 http://www.revolveclothing.com/john-elliott-co-lima-short-in-grey-duo-2/dp/JELL-MF3/
    Black Duo $110 http://www.revolveclothing.com/john-elliott-co-lima-short-in-black-duo/dp/JELL-MF4/

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. DonHeebenhof

Does anyone know the inseam length on these?

15. DonHeebenhof

Reading 9.5 inch inseam, ugh, little too long for us guys with short legs

16. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Well-Known Member

Varies by size. From 9 (S) to 11 (XXL). Size charts are available on the JE website.

Lima shorts are great, btw.

17. DonHeebenhof

ya i saw 9.5 on a medium.....tempting. Jcrew has some nice looking ones with an 8.5 inch inseam for about $60.

On a separate note, did anyone receive shipping info for any orders placed yesterday?

18. mcking

mcking Well-Known Member

This elongated look has been around for over a decade because of Rick Owens and Alexandre Plokhov. It isn't a trend. FoG is heavy influenced by these two brands and with it being more affordable, worn by kanye, it just made it more mainstream. I can certainly appreciate it but i also agree that it isn't practical for everyday wear.

19. helvete

helvete Well-Known Member

Thanks for a history lesson grandpa, never heard of either Rick Owens or Plokhov.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  20. brianoh

brianoh Well-Known Member

Get schooled fuccboi and keep that hypebeast movement alive.

6 people like this.