• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunset 29

Reaction score
if you can tell me the wrong number why can't you give me the correct number

rbroseph

Reaction score
Customer Service rocks!
Cody was dealing with my refund which I changed to an exchange but he was a bit confused and accidentally refunded me. He quickly responded and dealt accordingly with it. Thanks @JohnElliottCo , Cody and Brandi as well!

Dynamics

Reaction score

John Elliot,

Looks like you updated your international shipping methods again, but something doesn't seem right.

I'm from Canada, once I fill out my address you add taxes to my total.

But here is where it doesn't make sense. When I choose USPS as a shipping option, you're still charging me taxes. When USPS crosses the border, it gets taken over by the country's local post office who then determines if the package should be charged taxes based on the consumer goods index and also the value of the package.

Unlike a 3rd party courier like UPS/DHL/FedEx who uses a broker, USPS shipping goes directly into customs so there is no way for a retailer to collect taxes ahead of time and pre-pay on my behalf. Only the government can collect taxes in that scenario. Right now you are charging me 13% taxes at checkout, which is the same as the government except that I can be charged those same taxes again when I get my package from Canada Post. That doesn't make any sense, can you see why you're collecting taxes with USPS shipping option?

I completely understand that if you are shipping with UPS/DHL/FedEx that you charge me taxes upfront, as that is a convenience and I won't be charged taxes by the 3rd party broker when the package is shipped to my door. But my understanding is that this can't be done with USPS/Canada Post/Royal Mail/etc.

Generally when a retailer charges taxes at the checkout, they make a disclaimer that no further taxes will be charged at your door and they have been taken care of. Luisavarioma and Mr. Porter for example does this, I don't see any disclaimer that this is the case upon checkout.

Good points brought up here. Also curious since I'm about to make an order.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

rbroseph

Reaction score
Good points brought up here. Also curious since I'm about to make an order.

I'm from Canada only had to pay duties/taxes on my very first order last year.
Since they updated their shipping options I've never had to pay on my past 4 orders choosing the cheapest USPS orders (knock on wood).
Mind you that's if you're patient enough to wait 7-10 days.

Sunset 29

Reaction score
I dont know whom is answering me but how would I know who Bandi is, i'm only the stupid customer after all

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
I'm from Canada only had to pay duties/taxes on my very first order last year.
Since they updated their shipping options I've never had to pay on my past 4 orders choosing the cheapest USPS orders (knock on wood).
Mind you that's if you're patient enough to wait 7-10 days.

Have you tried ordering from stockists in Canda like Rodengray?

rbroseph

Reaction score
Have you tried ordering from stockists in Canda like Rodengray?

Yup I've ordered from them once but other than they don't carry of the pieces I want (and wanted).
I follow them as well as contraband boutique and four horsemen; very limited stock for JE

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@johnelliotco The coast is out until mid December now? I thought it was a week out??

Jasonronn

Reaction score
this is the best
rotflmao.gif

Last edited:

Bash Tian

Reaction score
fyi need supply has a $50 dollar coupon for orders $200+ and free shipping. code is GIFTYOURSELF.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

I dont know whom is answering me but how would I know who Bandi is, i'm only the stupid customer after all
god u are rude. Sure make yourself sound like a stupid customer. Obviously you got the wrong phone number. Also it was the weekend and is now Monday and I can gaurantee if this hasn't been fixed yet ur doing something wrong. Try to talk to people with respect and maybe you'll get further.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads