1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. hannie2

hannie2 Well-Known Member

I'm 5'11 and the knee rip lines up perfectly.

2. Fresh718

Fresh718 Well-Known Member

got u

Attached Files:

3. Fresh718

Thanks

4. boxdok

boxdok Well-Known Member

Where you cop the Amiri jacket. I really like the Mr.Porter one but i cant be dropping 1800 on a denim jacket right now

5. Fresh718

I agree I don't really like knee rips on Nero or Bianca prefer the cleaner knee rips like on slp denim or the more pronounced blowouts am gonna try to blowout my Nero more by myself

6. Fresh718

Got mine from grailed some guy had it brand new ...only used for photo shoot he also had a medium and a small as well ... got for 1k it's on amiri website for $1550 ..,which sucks cause initially wen I considered buying it a couple months ago it was $1350 ...guess because it was popular with some celebs wearing it the changed price to $1550

7. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else hoping for a 9.5 season or just me?

hannie2 and hoodedknight like this.
  8. hannie2

hannie2 Well-Known Member

There has to be a capsule or something.

9. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Well-Known Member

6', size 32, and the knee rips on the Neros match up perfectly. Favorite pair of denim.

10. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

It's all really dependent on the length of your legs. Where do the knee rips fall when you sit? Sometimes if they are perfect standing they will be too high when your sitting.

If you think about how knee rips occur it's due to stress on the denim, they will be stressed the most when you're sitting with your knees bent/flexed. So technically for them to look legit they should be slightly below your knees (at the distal patella) when you're standing and at your knees when you're sitting with your knees flexed. So if it's like that you're ok and they should blow out fine, but you may not like the look asethically.

If they don't line up at all then you might consider buying the Siena denim, it has high knee blow outs, which is a little strange IMO, because it's not natural. The lower knee has amazing fades where there would be normal stress but than above it it has rips which seems strange. I think they wanted people to see the quality of the fade At the knees. I have a hard time believing that's actually where they ripped on the pair they were based on.

TL;DR: do the rips align with your knees when you sit down with your knees flexed? If they are still below you're knees than the neros aren't for you, consider he Siena denim.

11. flipsilk

flipsilk Well-Known Member

Just goes to show: im also 6' and size 32 and the rips are below my knees when i stand. I really wanted these to fit but afraid ill be waiting for a non-ripped black pair with the rest of yall.

12. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

You could blow them out higher

13. 513wildcat

513wildcat Active Member

Just got my JE x Mr. Porter distressed jeans from the first capsule. Really tempted to take some of the patches off but I heard it ruined a couple peoples pairs.

ZanderRosen likes this.
  14. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Well-Known Member