1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Well-Known Member

Union's product photo and @srizvi722 's piece are making me nervous. I can appreciate the $298 price point, but in that range, I expect the panels to get arranged in a way that creates a more uniform pattern throughout. I know you waste fabric and the labor cost goes up to make it happen, but this doesn't look good. If mine comes with that double row of jellies, I probably won't keep it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    2 people like this.
  2. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Well-Known Member

I had the first in an XL and it looked absolutely ridiculous. I stared at the measurements on this one for a good 10 minutes haha. Sized down to L on the Natural, fingers crossed it doesn't swing the other way and look like the sweater Seinfeld gets back from the cleaners.

3. srizvi722

srizvi722 Well-Known Member

It is like that. The shirt is really nice though

4. srizvi722

srizvi722 Well-Known Member

HAAAAAA yea I sized a size down to Small for both black and natural. Then I went back and ordered a black M also because I got scared it would be too fitted.

5. grantmason6882

grantmason6882 Well-Known Member

Can't decide between copping the nubuck hi's or waiting for the lows, anyone feeling the same way?

6. MuskieFan

MuskieFan Well-Known Member

Yup I should have been more specific. I'm 6'1 and all of my height is in my legs. Would be taking a L/XL

7. koalii

koalii Well-Known Member

Seriously sat looking at the size chart too long. Had all 3 in a size Med but the natural sold out quickly, damn. Copped the black and blue, hopefully one of them works out.

8. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Well-Known Member

Grey. Having to baby the "Pure Whites" would be such a chore, and I don't think they'll look all that good beat up.

9. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

I'll take wool over cotton every day no matter what. Obviously they adjusted pricing but still, I find it hard to bring myself to buy a cotton sweater but I love the natural colour.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Well-Known Member

Same, man. And looking at the model pics against the measurements still makes it hard to imagine how it will actually look / fit. On the first cardigan, it said length was 30" on the XL, it actually measured closer to 34" in the front. BIG difference. I think there's alot of pinning and tailoring for the model shots, and I doubt it's the same production item in a lot of cases. There's no way any sleeve fit like it did on the model for the first cardigan. Hell, I could have sized down from XL to XS and still been swimming in that sleeve at 6'3 210.

2 people like this.
  11. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

Union LA makes the jellyfish print garments look like shit. Now I don't want them.

3 people like this.
  12. JR918

JR918 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing.

13. MilesMW

MilesMW Well-Known Member

Got Cart jacked on the cream cardi in medium. Got the other two. We shall see if they work.

14. walt143JE

walt143JE Well-Known Member

Yep same, really tall with alot of leg muscle. A boardshort that fits perfectly on someone average height will look really bad on me.

15. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Well-Known Member

copped the grey nubucks, already have the black leather and they are easily one of my favourite pair of shoes, such amazing quality. Also got the grey paneled shorts... thanks for the pic @srizvi722

16. MuskieFan

MuskieFan Well-Known Member

Same thing with finding jeans that fit. What are your stats and what size did you order?

17. White Lotus

White Lotus Well-Known Member

aww but I like the color. Any alternatives for big boned individuals such as I?

18. Vinneo

Vinneo Well-Known Member

It doesn't look bad on you imo, just a bit narrow in the torso for intended fit. But most people won't think that dude, we have all been staring at product shots for days. They'll just see a pretty good looking hoodie.

If you like it that's the most important thing. If you're not quite happy with the fit- try a medium out.

1 person likes this.
  19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

Try a size up. Doesn't hurt to give it a shot

20. ElmTree

ElmTree Well-Known Member

That first cardi is huge. I sized down from a M to a XS. I posted images and most people on here thought it was too fitted and a lot smaller than the intended look, but I primped it and pulled back a lot of the fabric in the pics, plus the collar was rolled 4 times which really brings the body and shoulders in. When I wear it with the collar rolled 1-2 times, Im swimming in fabric. Even at a XS, its almost half way down my thigh, the sleeves can cover my hands, and the shoulder seams are about half way down the biceps.

1 person likes this.