1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Well-Known Member

no I'm just in nj. I mean I'm sure they've went over the logistics of it. It's just that ups takes a week and usps is typically 2 days. I'm sure the company has thought more into it than me I was just curious. Ups always seems to be the most expensive, slowest shipping.

2. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Well-Known Member

USPS is good for personnel shipping, awful for businesses. UPS and FedEx offer better rates for business and provide better materials. I'm used to the ground shipping 4-5 business days from east coast stores to Texas.

3. Bertdinner2

O ok I understand...figured that it was something like that

4. lowk

lowk Well-Known Member

Are the jeans the model wearing in the gq ss15 preview a new jean coming out that season or the obsidian cast?

5. frusace

frusace Member

From east to west is very slow. At least 4 day min via ups. John E co get usps priority! Be here 2-3 days max!

6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

The explanation is literally 3 posts above JFC. If you bothered to look back slightly a few more posts you'll also see that USPS loses a lot more packages. IIRC it's more than double the percentage of other carriers.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  7. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Well-Known Member

Yup, you can even search john Elliott's post and it breaks it all down why they don't use them anymore.

Waiting an extra day or 2 really shouldn't be a problem honestly lol. As long as you get it

8. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

USPS, when it works, is great, and their Priority Mail service is fast. For all the good feedback we received with this shipping service, we dealt with a lot of missing packages, and USPS is much harder than UPS or Fedex to file claims with and receive customer service follow through. It is for these reasons we had to switch.

9. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Just got the curve u-neck in olive. It's definitely more green in person than it appears on the web site, where it appears to have a lot of grey in it. It's a nice color, just a little different than it appears online (at least on my monitor).

As far as fit is concerned, the length and width of the body are perfect, and the neck opening is on point. I wouldn't say no to slightly broader shoulders or slightly longer, slimmer sleeves, but overall I'd say it's solid.

The fabric, as expected, is ungodly soft.

10. johnny221

johnny221 Well-Known Member

@JohnElliottCo
    Are you no longer making the white Villain Crew?

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

The White Villain Crew was a one-off for Atrium and is not currently in production.

12. johnny221

johnny221 Well-Known Member

No plans on putting it into production? Or maybe a sand/dune color? Or a charcoal or all black color?

13. leclutchjames

Yes the olive color is actually olive/military green in person

Looks great still!! Got mine in today

14. Bertdinner2

that's awesome, I bought mine a few days ago and made a post asking that question. Online it looks like olive green with a little bit of a blueish hue to it. But I'm hoping it's more of like a true olive army green. Good to kno

15. leclutchjames

16. ALEN003

ALEN003 Well-Known Member

I agree with longer slimmer sleeves, you always get that flare in the that make your sleeves look to small or stretched out. Other than that quality is great.

17. kular01

kular01 Active Member

are the villain crews dropping next week as well? @JohnElliottCo

18. jstrath406

jstrath406 Well-Known Member

I think it's great that there are now choices for shipping carriers upon checkout. I absolutely understand UPS on the business-end, however as a customer on the east coast I truly can't believe how slow they are to deliver a package in 2014. I'd love to choose USPS Priority, which by weight or flat rate should ring up to about $12-$13, however it's around $40 at checkout which seems a little strange to me.

19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

@JohnElliottCo any previews of the charcoal silk tees? Looking to pick up another silk piece and interested in seeing the new color. Love the white silk

20. aaronj15

aaronj15 Well-Known Member

anyone else have problems with the sleeves on the villain hoodie and dual flash zip hoodie bunching up near the upper arm area? I like how the L fits on me length and width wise, but I feel like the sleeves are kind of too wide up there. It gives it a weird look since the sleeves taper down and look slim down past the elbows. Thinking about sizing down to a M from now on. (I have skinny arms, so that probably has a lot to do with it)